My White Ke 11

kickn5k

The CAS is a 4k dizzy with Mitsubishi magna internals. It's dual pulse so it will enable me to run coil per plug.

Hmm handy to know. Any idea how hard it was to retrofit the internals? And is it a denso or a bosch base????

Probably just simpler to drill and fit a pickup on the front pulley anyway....?

Members dont see this ad

Hmm handy to know. Any idea how hard it was to retrofit the internals? And is it a denso or a bosch base????

Probably just simpler to drill and fit a pickup on the front pulley anyway....?

Not sure which dizzy it was based from as I purchased it from Mitch12. I have done this conversion before(fj20, L series) and with even a small amount of machining experience, it's not hard to make it all fit in. I then usually send them to a dizzy/ignition shop to make sure the phasing, etc. is bang on. For what I paid for it I wouldn't bother doing it myself. I'm half way through a 3d model/profile for a billet cap for it so that should look better.

I did look at doing crank and cam pickups, making them look neat is the hardest part(I would need both for sequential). My mate helping me with the fab work and tuning etc. is known for his sterile, sergically clean engine bays so this won't be any different.

Edited by kickn5k

• 5 months later...

Ok, so I haven't updated this for a while.

Thought I'd keep everyone in loop. After months of discussions on fuel choice with my tuner/fabricator friend and a heap of other tuner/performance shop contacts. I have "Sacked up" up and decided on E85.

This means an update on the E6X haltech, the 550cc injectors and most of the rest of my fuel system I had from the blown setup. To a new platinum 1000 haltech, some ID1000's, a bigger lift pump, stainless surge tank with full teflon braid lines.

So Ecu and a few bits will end up for sale on here in the next week or so(injectors are sort of spoken for).

This means it may still take a while to get done but I think it will be worth it.

Edited by kickn5k

Ok, so I haven't updated this for a while.

Thought I'd keep everyone in loop. After months of discussions on fuel choice with my tuner/fabricator friend and a heap of other tuner/performance shop contacts. I have "Sacked up" up and decided on E85.

This means it may still take a while to get done but I think it will be worth it.

You reckon? Too busy playing with dirty Holden engines. :P

Woo hoo! Knowing what you were going to do with fuel choice now makes parts selection easier. It doesn't make it any bloody cheaper, but it makes it easier!

It will be worth it. :yes:

You reckon? Too busy playing with dirty Holden engines. :P

Woo hoo! Knowing what you were going to do with fuel choice now makes parts selection easier. It doesn't make it any bloody cheaper, but it makes it easier!

It will be worth it. :yes:

That holden motor is pretty much done, all assembled and painted now.

Parts decision is the main reason for the choice of E85. For 98 pump fuel. I really couldn't get a bowl in the piston to keep a nice burn and the static comp I was after, with the bigport head.

TBH I could have built a 300+rwkw pump fueled 4agte like Trav's for way less. But real respect comes from making power with what you have, not what late mod motor you can wedge in the bay.

• Upvote 1

But real respect comes from making power with what you have, not what late mod motor you can wedge in the bay.

Shit yeah, still repping the k motor!

Damn I'm keen to see how this turns out Stu, reckon you could give me a yell when you get around to doing some dyno runs?

Shit yeah, still repping the k motor!

Damn I'm keen to see how this turns out Stu, reckon you could give me a yell when you get around to doing some dyno runs?

heck yeah still repping the K!

It will be a while, we'll see what I can work out.

• 8 months later...

Come on Stu it's been 8 months! Any updates?

Not much mate. Having too much fun cruising it around to pull it off the road.

Iv'e been paying a fair bit of attention to the datto. Geez it flys for nothing more than a tune and a bit if boost.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have an update tomorrow. Purchasing it will allow me to get fab work and the engine parts sorted.

It's more than what a lot of people would spend on a K motor period, but you get what you pay for I spose.