Corolla Ke30 Ca18det

sleepercorty

don't piss around with resistors, just buy and RB20AFM or Z32 AFM, they're easy as to wire up and since everyman and his dog can remap nissan computers you can get them properly tuned.

170RWkW's (230RWHP) is very achievable on the SR20 T28's (and on the early T25G's,) They appear to be good for ~185-190RWkW max with a good tune and correct fueling. If you haven't already I'd invest in a set of RB26/7MGTE/FC3S (440/440/500 or 550cc) injectors as your current injectors will be sarting to look a little lean. When it comes to fueling it's best to play it safe.

Cheers

Jordan

Members dont see this ad

yeh i will try and find a rb20 air flow meter, but the resistor cost me $2 and i get free dyno use so will be trying that first.

It still has plenty of fuel so far but will be watching it closely with future mods, then i will upgrade the injectors when need be.

The car is going to stay the same as it is until i get me other car sorted (i want to get it into the 11's on street tires) after the cortina runs 11's, the corolla will hopefully be following it and running similar times one day.

• 4 months later...

Ive bought a new daily driver so now don't have to rely on this car to be as reliable so have decided for some new mods. I purchased a t3 garret from a swap meet with a .48 rear housing have had this rebuilt with .6 front cover and a 50mm comp wheel am running a stainless manifold and 35mm wastegate. Fuel system will be microtech, 440cc bosch injectors, 910 bosch pump, peterburg lift pump, surge tank and sard fuel regulator. I have fitted a 450x300 intercooler, remote oil filter, oil cooler, tailshaft loop, 3inch dump pipe to cat still 2.5 inch after cat for now, plumb back 1jz bov and oil catch can is plumbed back into intake so legal reasons. Car will be getting painted in the next couple of weeks (staying white just needs a freshen up) then micro tech will be fitted and then will try get some dyno time for a tune. Will be limiting power to around 240-250rwhp as motor is still standard, as soon as its running will start rebuilding the spare motor i have with spool h beams rods and acl forged pistons. Heres some pics.

corollamods019.jpg

corollamods020.jpg

corollamods031.jpg

corollamods030.jpg

corollamods029.jpg

corollamods026.jpg

corollamods023.jpg

corollamods021.jpg

Nice car man! i havnt seen this thread before for some reason :hmm:

Looks real tidy, should go like an animal with all that new gear sorted :y:

Hows the cortina, did you get 11s out of it?

nah cortina didnt make 11's turbo blew up did make it in zoom but. just saving for micro tech now still deciding if i should go 3 bar map sensor or not.

• 1 month later...

car is running again decided to do a few more mods so has taken some more time, ended up making a 3 inch exhaust as i think the press bent 2.5 the car had was very restrictive. painting will start this weekend and hopefully be done in a few weeks ready for a tune. i also have a set of 205/50 15 m/t street radials awaiting my return to the drags. i also did the sigma control arm upgrade to correct the camber of the xt131 struts.

corolla001.jpg

corolla003.jpg

corolla014.jpg

corolla013.jpg

corolla011.jpg

I can't believe you got the external wastegate on your ebay manifold, in a KE30!!! I had to remodle the strut tower in my TA22 to get the high mount set up to work.

Looking very good

Jordan

yeh i was happy that the manifold fitted as well it is close on the strut tower but my motor is mounted fairly high so think thats why it fits.

• 3 weeks later...
just wondering which sigma arms you have? the uber (very) long ones, or the shorter ones? and how much camber you have?

i have the arms with press in ball joint and two piece tapered inner bush gives probably 2 degrees so plenty for a road car, the bolt in ball joint arms are way to long. you would be better off finding arms with press in ball joints and press in control arm bushes as i had to buy two sets of bushes because i needed the inner crush tube out of the press in control arm bushes and the two piece tapered bush for the arms i had. the tapered arms in the sigma had the crush tube on the bolt and the bolt wont fit the corolla. hope that makes sense

• 4 weeks later...