Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7shades' Luxo-barge. Strictly Pimpin.

Featured Replies

So... I was having a couple of beverages with this german backpacker the other day, and, long story short, she gave me her car.

Its a 1980 Mazda 929.

2 litre, 5 speed, Aircon.

post-1955-1195192990_thumb.jpg

Grotesquely overweight, and more akin to driving a lounge room than a car.... with period correct brownest of brown interior, resplendent in crushed velvety stuff (striped and pleated) and laminex woodgrain. Sexy.

post-1955-1195193198_thumb.jpg

Now ordinarily I'd just take something like this out bush and see how well it was engineered, but unfortunately:

a: It drives beautifully

b: It is 100% completely rust free

c: It is completely original, unmolested and DEAD straight... other than the front....

So I've decided to keep it and do something with it. Now the chickie did have a slight altercation with some wildlife and the bumper and front panels were a liiiitle munted... so the next day I fell arse backwards into another one with good panels... which I also got for free.

 

post-1955-1195193277_thumb.jpgpost-1955-1195193629_thumb.jpg

post-1955-1195193655.jpgpost-1955-1195193702_thumb.jpg

 

Mr. Brown was very quickly liberated of anything useful and sent on his merry way.

 

post-1955-1195193836_thumb.jpg

 

So kids.... what should I do with it? I was thinking maybe boso style?, or slammed with moonies and whitewalls or something... but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate some suggestions, however rediculous they may be.

The interior will be pimp... no question about that. We're talking so much fur and velvet it will look like Bootsy Collins' bedroom baby.

As for the drivetrain, I have this to play with

 

post-1955-1195193724_thumb.jpg

 

This engine bay is HUUUUGE... i mean really frikkin big. More room in here than an old falcon or kingswood. The photo doesn't really convey its hugeness (and yes I am standing on the cowl panel) so I could fit pretty much anything in there. Trans tunnel is complimentarily huge as well.

 

So, whaddyareckon?

 

J

Edited by 7shades

  • Replies 44
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Twin turbo Lexus V8? :lolcry:

 

and slammed on whitewalls and moonies

Japanese Safety Boots.....and i don't care where they are from, they are still thongs/pluggers/peice of rubber you wear on your foot.

 

However, i like the comment about falling arse backwards into another one.....i laffed. :lolcry:

 

My vote is for a pimpin ride....big chromies, lots of bling.. lol

 

 

And....WTF is with the shrek toy hanging up by its head?...

Edited by Xany

Cut the damaged middle of the bumper out so it becomes two corner bumpers. Make a BIG custom chrome grille that goes most of the way down the middle. Supercharged Lexus V8 or even a Chevy 350 or Ford 351. Respray it another colour, but leave the roof white/cream. Fix up the chrome work on the window surrounds. Dump it on it's guts and put some chrome wheels on it. Put new carpet on the floors, THICK shag pile. :lolcry:

  • Author

Shrek is a consumer whore. He endorses everything. He deserves to be hanged.

 

I have considered the 1uz option, amongst many others.... a Range Rover V8 will fit too :lolcry:

twenty b twin turbo...?

Edited by JC807

My idea:

gold 20 spoke 20" wheels with dish

slammed or bags

either resprayed 2pak ice or alpine white, or a propper matte black job done with a gun

red walls

351 clevo with extractors, carb, flame thrower equipped exhaust

auto

leave interior pretty much as is just add pink fluffy dash, shag pile covered parts

and a kick arse audio setup, like indash double din dvd player/screen, 6" splits, head rest monitors, 6.5" components in the back, run off an amp, and twin 12" subs in the back running off an amp.

Stick it some where with a for sale sign on it buy another nice rolla with the profits.

20" wheels with dish

slammed or bags

propper matte black job done with a gun

red walls

 

quagmire.jpg

Another vote for a 20B brap brap....That would be pretty cool.

  • Author

A hydro setup would be VERY cool... even airbags would have the desired effect.

 

I'm really liking the 20B idea... looking into cosmo halfcuts.... :lolcry:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.