Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mybowlcut

Regular Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mybowlcut

  1. Hey guys. Went down to Mettams Mufflers in Midland (WA) this week and got quoted $680 for extractors and a 2" sports exhaust. The guy just wrote 2" sports but I'm assuming he means exhaust, yeah? Is this an ok price? I rushed my superlites so I figure I better start being a bit wiser with my purchases. Cheers. :)
  2. Oh ok... so I'll use these ones up and then get 195s? Or should I sell these ones now? Would anyone even buy them? Haha. What is side wall flex and what does it do?
  3. Cheers for the advice guys. Is it worth changing tyres now though? Why 195 and not 205? I thought 205 was wider?
  4. I really like that photo outside that old house...
  5. Thousands... that will have to wait then.. haha. If I already have coilovers, is it cheaper to install new ones? Or does it not matter? How are king springs or lovells different from coilovers? Haha a lot of questions I know.. Is it the stiffer it is the less the car moves over bumps? What do rolled guards look like? Sister's bf mentioned it but I don't really understand it. Will replacing the bushes now improve handling or should I do it if/when I get the new suspension? Cheers.
  6. So lower it on all four wheels do you reckon? I just want to have a nice corolla but fairly stock. I don't want to spend too much though.
  7. Cheers. :( Funny that you ask actually... I thought something was a bit different since I got them put on but it was only when my sister's boyfriend came round and pointed out the height that I actually noticed. I would like to get it lowered but not by much... I want to keep this looking respectable. Sister's bf also noticed that I've got coilovers on the front wheels... and he said that I could buy some "tien"? adjustable ones so that I could lower the front. Do you reckon I should lower the whole thing or...?
  8. Yeah! :( That's what I love about them! Not fancy... quite modest. Not yet but I'll go get some now. As I was leaving Bob Jane I heard something rubbing on the wheel and it was the front mudguard so we took both of the front ones off... I honestly did not notice them when they were on so I'm leaving them off for now haha. Edit: Here is the photo you asked for, AE70: Is that what you meant?
  9. Thanks. :(
  10. Are Pirelli Dragons better than Maxxis? Only $4 difference.. I don't know shit about tyres OR rims as you can tell haha.. and I think 205/50R14 was written down wrong.. I'm pretty sure it was 205/50R15; I remember the guy saying it. "I paid 160 or 180 for each of my new 14x6 superlites. With OK tires it was $1100." Aren't my rims bigger than yours though? Which would make them a bit more expensive? What qualifies as OK tires? Like everyone is saying, I guess prices differ between states.
  11. Haha I honestly don't pay attention to the brakes so I've never noticed. :(
  12. Thanks! :(
  13. Got some superlites put on. :( Cost me $1450 These photos are shit I'll get some ones in the afternoon.
  14. Ok... here are the superlites on the rolla... more of just the wheel than the car itself, but it's dark so I'll get shots tomorrow or something... basically they look so gooooooooooooooooooood. Here is the link to my projects thread so you can see what they look like. It ended up costing $1450 cause he dropped the price because we thought that the card I was using only had 850 and I had already paid 600 deposit. So yeah... here are the specs as more or less written on the invoice: PERF SUPERLITE 15X6, $225 (each) ($900) MAXXIS 205/50R14 86V MAV1, $119 (each) ($476) PROBASE 'BRONZE' WHEEL BALANCE $10 (each) ($40) LOCKNUTS (NOT lugnuts haha) ($34) What do you guys think? I find it strange that he dropped it by so much... but they have had those rims sitting there for ages apparently cause the guy who ordered them never picked them up so he kinda wanted to get rid of them... Cheers for your help. :n: I'm very happy with my buy. :( :)
  15. What size were they out of interest? Thanks for the reassurance mate. I love these wheels but I'm not a millionaire... :wink: I'll get those for you now AE70.
  16. What would you like to know?
  17. I dunno man I'd feel weird telling someone that haha I'm too pussy. The tyres are great though; they're brand new. $1000 for the rims yep. I'm assuming the tyres are around $140 each? Because there's also the labour cost in there somewhere (included in $1600) I wouldn't think that would be more than $40 though... So an estimate would be $1000 for four superlite rims, $140 each for the 15x205 tyres and around $40 labour?
  18. Well I rang him up just then and he said (at a guess because he was with customers) $240-$250 for each rim... so that sounds right according to what you said, AE70. So... what like $200 cheaper I could have got them? Kinda wish I didn't rush into it now... but they just look so nice! Haha.
  19. Hey guys. Pretty excited... went down to Bob Janes to see what wheels they had as I've been wanting to get wider ones.. I looked through the rims they have and they're all not really suited to corollas... also, when the guy saw my car he realised that all the wheels we'd discussed wouldn't fit because it's a RWD KE70. As it turns out, a guy had ordered superlites and never picked them up... and they fit perfectly on my rolla. They look so friggon awesome too... not fancy, just simple and look SO good. I can't remember the exact specs of them but they're 15". I've already put a deposit on them (superlites and some nice chunky new tyres) for $600... and the total cost is $1600 for them and to get them put on. Is this a good price? They're brand new rims straight out of the box and the tyres are new as well... Will post the pictures of them on as soon as I get them. :wink: Edit: The guy also chucked in free lug nuts? I think that's what they're called... Cheers.
  20. Hey just curious where you got your wheels from and how much they are. Cheers.
  21. Ahhhh... that's such a nice car!
  22. This is an awesome car hey! For some reason though on a lot of the shots the tyres look too tucked in or something...
  23. Hey. I saw a red/orange ke55 2door hardtop today on the intersection of stirling crescent or road and great eastern highway bypass... just wondering if that belongs to anyone on here. Awesome looking car.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.