I Do Not Understand???

dysolve

Members dont see this ad

when did ford buy mazda.. it must have been after this car was made LOL..

I have heard of aussie car makers importing engines to put in to there cars but never aussie's exporting bodies to but jap engines in to them... and why the hell a kingswood with a chook cooker?

i can't believe you guys hadnt heard of it before.

apparently in the 70's mazda didnt have a luxo barge to compete with the crowns etc etc. so instead of building one, the silly buggers went to holden and bought HJ? premiers off em and threw in 13bs in em. obviously they were slow as backed up shitter at a beer party, and i think quite expensive and sales showed.

today their nearly worth their weight in gold

thats a pretty cool find, havent seen one of those before but probably not all that surprising seeing that we've been swapping cars with the japanese and vice versa like the apollo/camry or telstar/626 (i think) but that one is def unique. Id struggle to justify payin 20k for it though

yeah i remember reading this in a modern motor magazine as a supposed great new revalation and joint partnership when it was hot news i maybe still have the magazine,not sure.i was pretty young then and didnt think much of the idea even back then.

holdens were already slow enough he he he with the red six in them yet alone a little rotary in a big car what a waste.

talk about goin in the other direction from the v8 lj torana light and mighty powerful.