76 Corolla Coupe

butcha

hi,

I'm here open for any ideas on what i should do, i currently have my hands on a 76 corolla coupe with a 3k motor 4speed and borgwarner diff.

i need summore wheel spin so ive decided on a full engine change, i know i want to go bigger just not sure what will fit, i like the sound of a 2 litre or ever the 2.6 astron motor but not sure if they are a good fit, 1st thing i will do is change that 4 speed for a 5 speed,

but yea I'm wide open for any suggestions so feel free to speak ur mind as I'm goin to make this corolla a serious drifter :wink:

Members dont see this ad

2.6's arnt a very rev happy motor and the mitsi 2.0Ltr wasnt very happy with high revs either unless you spend a bit of money on them, Put a 4agze in it or a monster 5k, but since you want to drift 4agte ?

Twin cam for the win.

Putting a mitsubishi motor in a toyota is just NO.......... NO but its your car so do with it what you feel you want.

Edited by too quick

put in your location!

I'm here open for any ideas on what i should do, i currently have my hands on a 76 corolla coupe with a 3k motor 4speed and borgwarner diff.

good start.

i need summore wheel spin so ive decided on a full engine change,

i know i want to go bigger just not sure what will fit,

i like the sound of a 2 litre or ever the 2.6 astron motor

1st thing i will do is change that 4 speed for a 5 speed

I'm goin to make this corolla a serious drifter

a wheel spinning 2.6L 5 speed ke corolla drifter?

not so good.

don't go astron, but definately go twin cam,

have a look around and see what you can find thats got good power that s not too big and heavy.

it always helps going down a proven route to, that way there is help out there when you have troubles or need some advice.

are you doing the coversion yourself?

so many ways to go and yes i havent really done much research, but I'm sorta leaning toward to 3TC engine from an 81 or 82 Corolla I'm thinkin a set of huge pistons for this and good yella terra head and a nice racing cluch is sort of a good base to start but then i ask myself why is evertone saying go with the '4agte' so I'm still open for ideas ><

and yes ill be doin all the work myself and also have alot of help from freinds/family

Also depends on how much cash u wanna spend mate...

if your pockets are extremely deep, even think about goin 3SGTE or 4AGTE... much more expensive than a 3TC, but bout 10 times the potential tho!

A 2.6 Astron... i'll give u credit for one thing... its different, but many toyota people will be having nightmares

You don't seem to come across to me as someone who already drifts (nope, drifting isn't the same as carpark burnouts)... no offence though...

Try welding the diff in it and taking it out for a drift practice session, see how you go, maybe whack in a 5K... you could build yourself up a bit. Maybe a 4AGTE down the track if you can handle the power and can afford to do it - if your mechanically minded it'll cost a motza, if your not... well, lets not think that far - its a fair bit...

In all honesty, a KE35 (what you've got) is not a drift car mate - leaves and drifts don't go together.

Yep, i certainly agree with that! Drift is a very fast sport. There is a reason why all drift cars are skylines, silvias, ect and that is because they are an amazing drivers car. I have an r32 and in the wet i can get it very sideways at 100kph+ and feel very safe and relaxed doing so, i don't think you could ever have too much power in a skyline :y: .The ke30 on the other hand is a scary car to drive at speed, even the thought of throwing it sideways at 60 is damn scary! :y:

I can say from experience that it is pretty f@$kin scary. Try pulling the handbrake at 70 kays, the car will get sideways, but its not gunna turn like you want it to.. instead it wants to aim for the nearest tree, thank f@$k there were some big rocks in the way..

I do understand that this was due to the SHIT front tyres