Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

I got those injectors and plugs off yesterday arvo. You should have em Monday or Tuesday.

I put six in (the "matched" 4 that come out of the mani are separated.) just in case any of them have issues.

 

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

Looking forward to the dyno results :)

  • 3 weeks later...

Did those injectors arrive?

I do have 4 more if you have too many issues. Lol

They looked pretty gunky when I packed em.

 

Wanna see more boost!!! Haha

If you get the opportunity to bring it over with you next time. We'll get some figures for you, good mate just sprung for a new DD dyno.

  • Author

Hey mate, yeah got them last week when I got back to launy. Might be a little while until I get them in as I'll have to have cash for the retune as soon as i put them in.

I would really like to get that cas in at the same time, but that means even more coin. In a perfect world I'd like to throw an msd dis-4 at it as the igniter. A mate gave me 6 coil on plug coils out of his tribute (2 of them miss-fire) and we've had a very brief look at how I could try and cut them down to fit on the K head neatly. Sucks how every cop coil has a long plug on it for dohc when K's basically need a flat one.

Edited by Taz_Rx

Ah yeah that's right, it'll need a retune.

I forget about that stuff with the datto running a VE tune.

 

What about LS coils?

 

 

  • Author

Yeah they're not cop but I'm sure you could work something out with a bracket and a set of stock leads.

I something have trouble with it starting on a cold morning. It doesn't turn over quick enough for the dizzy to generate a steady pulse. Hoping the cas might be one way of trying to fix it, although I think the main problem might just be a battery getting a bit long in the tooth.

If a dis-4 want $800 odd I'd be a bit more onto getting it done. Might just have to settle for a non cdi igniter setup.

That's the beauty of the LS coil, I run one on the FJ no ignighter needed. Still retain stock dizzy/CAS.

Hmm, that might need some further investigation then. So they must have some sort of earth strap coming off them then? Then just power and trigger wires?

 

Yep, two earths, an ignition feed and the trigger wire.

  • Author

Definitely going to look into this more. If I can get hold of a set at this sort of price it might get done a lot sooner rather than later....

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/161317155570?nav=SEARCH

I could make the (free) tribute coils work but will still have to fork out for 4 channels of igniters.

Really need to have a good pay with this cas and work out some pin outs. It has 4 terminals.... The wolf only has signal, ground and 5v in the ignition input loom! :hmm:

The wolf can work off a 4+1 cas setup, the plus one marks no.1 so you can run sequential. With the factory ecu you would normally have a cam angle sensor and a crank angle sensor, so rather than run two signal wires with the wolf you use the crank angle sensor only and have an extra signal to mark no.1. With the sr20 cas i had to drill a hole in the cas plate to mark no 1. What cas do you have? Ls1 coils are the hotness atm, internal igniters and epic spark, i know of a 7 sec drag car running only ls1 coils for ignition.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

  • Author

Yeah I understand the whole dual pulse thing, thinking if I'm going to retune for the bigger injectors I might as well make it a sequential tune. The cas I have is a custom made job of a bluebird (i was told buy seller) top grafted to a K series lower half. What I need to work out is what the pinout of the connector is.

Yeah cool, they should pack plenty of punch for the old k then.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.