Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
I dynoed my stagea with water meth on thurs...17psi of boost , timing went from 20 degrees at full load and slightly pinging on 98..to 30 degrees...lol

the whole map copped 10 degrees more timing actually and 40rwkw+..and no heatsoak...

if you wanted a turbo..id talk to stao at hypergear, he might make something up..i woudn't bother with gtx stuff, lol a k motor would never swallow that

much air to use those wheels and I'm pretty sure all the t28 gtx stuff is not real great anyway even on bigger motors,not enough turbine

Sure the tuner can run 23-24psi on 98..lol, pulling out all the timing...and then pull out another 2 degrees on top of that to account for heatsoak of a non crossflow head..

cheers

darren

Water meth is a great thing, until you have a slight nozzle blockage, or any number of small problems the system could potentially have in a street car. but then you already know this as clearly you are the expert. let me know if you need a hand to pick up the stagea's engine off the ground.

Just waiting on a retune which I'll hopefully get done next week and then I'll really see, already noticed slightly better fuel economy though a bit less throttle input though.

It still had to be better than 17ltr/100km my old blower setup gave!! Haha.

It will be interesting to see to how it goes on the rollers with a fresh motor.

Edited by kickn5k

• 4 weeks later...

Been doing the 200km treck between Launy and Hobart a bit lately. Highway fuel economy driving it easily is getting around 10Lt/100km...... but its way worse for city driving. Keeping an eye on the data on the hand controller reveals its under a lot less load at say 110kmh compared to 90-100kmh, so I'm thinking the trick to getting the best economy on the highway is to go as quick as legal.

Picked the rug-rat up from daycare the other day only to find a green puddle under the front of the car...... at least it didn't happen on the midland highway. Swapped to dirt for a couple of days while I fixed it. Pressure tested it as I did a few months back - successfully fixed a small hole with "kneed-it". This time I couldn't exactly find the hole and by the size of the bubbles it seemed to be a big one. Decided that old rad had had its day and shopped around for a new one. Found some full alloy ones on ebay pretty cheap - $140-$200.... but had to get back to Hobart asap so I ended up getting one from Repco for $123!! I now know that what I had was a s1 VN rad, and I've replaced it with a s2 VN one. As the s2 has a cap on the rad itself I've also got rid of my fugly top hose....not that the flexi universal one looks all that better. Knocked up a dodgy quick thermo fan mount with a mate so I could get back on the road asap. Have had a rummage though my dads steel and alloy stash and will make a decent one next week hopefully. Used the twin 10" fans that I used to have on the RX4.

Some piccies - New rad, fans and dodgy bracket......

post-1315-0-45665700-1380426361.jpg

post-1315-0-39389500-1380426379.jpg

This was my pressure testing facility from last time I fixed it.....

post-1315-0-00913300-1380426424.jpg

And a couple of my apprentice mechanic.....

post-1315-0-50520800-1380426470.jpg

post-1315-0-15824700-1380426485.jpg

Sorry about the shitty phone pics.

In other news I blead the brakes for the first time since I've had this car. Ashamed to say that's been around 6 years. Don't know how long before that it had been done by the previous owner. They've always been pretty good, but now they're awesome......for stocko girlocks anyway.

AND.....the exciting news - Off for dyno tuning in Hobart on Tuesday arvo. Going to Pro Automotive in Moonah. Guy there tunes a lot of local race cars so hopefully he'll do a good job. He's also happy for me to hang around while he's doing it which I'm happy with.....suppose I can get a vid or 2 of it on the rollers. Will update then. Will actually have a power figure this time. Anyone wanna make some guesses?

Cheers,

Si.

AND.....the exciting news - Off for dyno tuning in Hobart on Tuesday arvo. Going to Pro Automotive in Moonah. Guy there tunes a lot of local race cars so hopefully he'll do a good job. He's also happy for me to hang around while he's doing it which I'm happy with.....suppose I can get a vid or 2 of it on the rollers. Will update then. Will actually have a power figure this time. Anyone wanna make some guesses?

Not getting old mate at Bridgestone Launy to tune it?

I'll make a guess. 120-125rwkw on 10psi and 165-180rwkw on 18-20psi.

Brad, nah he was the guy who did the 2d map last time it was on rollers when I first got the efi running.

165.....i wish! Probably be lucky to make the 120-125 on 18 pound.

Oh yeah thats right.

really only 125 on 18psi? I would have thought she'd make more than that. Not that 125rwkw in a 950ish kg car is slow by any stretch. FYI thats around 135kw/1000kg pretty much bang on the same as an E36 M3.

Good mate running awesome...... as for power figures either Brad dyno was reading high last time or todays dyno is reading low. You'll see what I mean shortly when I upload the graph. Went for a test run along the highway 3rd gear roll on on a slightly wet road and lit up when it boosted!!

Yeah seat of the pants dyno tells me its running the best it ever has.....by a bit too. Unfortunately the 1/4 mile trap speed will have to wait a while yet. Our drag way is open again but currently only 1/8 until something is done about the condition of the run off area. I've got a vid queued for processing on youtube, will post it up when done. ;)