Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Thanks mate. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude in my message yesterday. Was just about to take it for a first drive then noticed that so I was a little >| . Reckon if I did drive it it would have filled the cooler in a lap round the block.... considering its not even boosting in the vid. With any luck I'll get the .49'd S14 t28 (reckon I'll give it a try) on by the end of Saturday.

Nah mate didn't think you were rude. I am pretty unhappy about a mate selling me a f'ed turbo:(. What makes it worse is I've sold it to you!!

Being this motor has a STD camshaft the .49 should be good. Nice and punchy.

• 4 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey mate,

Don't think you need a pic, its pretty simple.

Just strip the dizzy down until you find a set of springs on the advance weights. Remove them, replace with tie wire (to lock out mechanical advance) and re-assemble. Done. Set static timing to 20-25* BTDC.

.....Just don't expect it to start easily on a cold morning. ;)

Cheers,

Si.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So.... Really time for an update....

I didn't really let on what I was up to back in december, some know. I removed the 5k for a rebuild.... Still ran great I just had an oil leak I couldn't fix. Turned to be a hairline crack in the timing cover. Also found 3 broken top rings.

Any way, I decided to drop my 7k in as an interum motor while I did the 5k..... That didn't last long! :rolls: I went out on the highway to check wheel balance issue and ended up giving the 7k a gut full on about 15psi..... And blew the head gasket. Grrrr.

Was my own fault, tune was in no way suited for the 7k. We were very suprised that the stock cammed 7k needed around 35% extra fuel on the cammed 5k map just to start!! I did also knock some timing out of the tune, probably not enough though.

So.... As I've let on a little lately, all parts are now sourced and I finished building last night. Removed 7k this morning and will hopefully drop 5k in tonight! Not rushing things. Need some oil and a filter so I'll grab them in the morning and hopefully turn the key. So can't wait! Have been driving "Dirt" for over 12 months minus 1 week of 7k action in dec.

Oh and while I've had time I've re polished a few bits and polished some new bits to.

Spec list for new motor to come.

Edited by Taz_Rx

So specs:

Bottom end:

0.5mm over bore

Endurotech 0.5mm over "D dish" pistons

Hastings chrome moly rings (honda e series oversize)

Stock rods

New big ends and mains, all new gaskets.

Crow 600740 regrind with 114 L/C

Crow 202 solid lifters

Tomei chrome moly push rods

Rollmaster adjustable double row timing chain kit.

Head:

4k flat top head. Now 7:1 C/R

Ported and bead blasted inlet ports - now 3kbp size with opened bowls.

Cleaned up and polished exhaust ports.

Lapped valves

Crow double row valve springs

New valve stem seals

ARP head studs

Genuine toyota 5k head gasket

Think that's about it. all other specs are as per previous built except turbo which is now an S14 t28 with a .49 rear.

Sure did, got my old ones to offload now with the rods I got off you.

Should hopefully be running tomorrow morning all going to plan. Could be tonight if I wanted. The manifolds are all on just need to drop it in, couple of fuel and water lines on, clutch and acc cables and fill with fluids.

If I text you a pic can you easily upload here from your phone. can't on my phone.