Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

So I've been doing a little road tuning lately. Have got it driving, and more importantly starting really well now.

Oh and here's a pic of Byron lapping my valves....

post-1315-0-77172500-1350001663_thumb.jpg

That's awesome Si!! Bet your map looks a fair bit different now.

Haha Byron is the next generation of "K" mad scientist!! Jeez from the last photo you put up, he's growing up fast! Won't be long and he'll be screwing your motors together.

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update.......

Less than 100km of run-in K's to go now. Might look into booked the road tuning in 2 weeks time (w/e after long w/e)....... Can't wait for more rpm and boost!

Recently offloaded a heap of left over parts too, so I now also have funds for tuning. Anybody want some extractors???

• 2 weeks later...

Got the road tuning done today. Running nicely on 16 psi, can really notice the cam now, maybe slightly less rpm than the last one but it feels so much stronger through the mid range now.

....oh and my speeding ticket could have been a lot worse, so i'll just take that one on the chin. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

Got a turbo intake rewelded last week so I've finally got my proper snorkel and filter back on now. Got my original fluttery bov sound back now! And really surprised how much it changes boost response - was spiking 17'ish, running 15 psi without, then spiking 22, running about 18 psi with it!

Also finally pulled the 7k semi apart, and worked put why it bhg'd..... In the wagon I bought it in, to retain the a/c the previous owner has swapped the 3k double crank pulley onto the 7k. All good.....apart from the fact that the pulley and timing marks don't line up. :rolls:

So end of the day when I timed the motor with the turbo/efi stuff on it, it actually had about 45-50° more timing in it than what I though it had! Might have something to do with why it was a bitch to start and needed 35% more fuel.