January 9, 200719 yr comment_158578 After my computer asking me every day for the last month or so if I wanted to update to Windows Media Player 9, I finally did it, thinking "hell, it can't be that bad, it'll just have a few extra features then it originally had... Windows Media Player has undergone a complete revamp Do yourself a favour and don't update :) Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158580 Whats so bad? I use it and its good :) Though I prefer itunes for a player :y: Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158585 I'm running Media Player 11. Why don't you upgrade that that? I see no issues with it. I'm pretty sure you can change the skins too. Switching to 'Classic Style Menus' is also an option. Edited January 9, 200719 yr by kangaroosa Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158586 I'm running Media Player 11. Why don't you upgrade that that? I see no issues with it.I'm pretty sure you can change the skins too. Switching to 'Classic Style Menus' is also an option. Yep, works good for me :) Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158593 Classic Winamp (It really whips the llamas ass). can't go wrong :) Ive been using it since like 96-97. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158595 I see no issue with media player 9. I use it all the time. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158599 I see no issue with media player 9. I use it all the time. Apart from the fact that its owned by an evil evil corporation? Granted Winamps now owned by Time Warner...hardly as bad as Microshite Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158610 Winamp3 was crap, but Winamp 5 fixed most of the problems and I've stuck with that ever since........I really only use WMP for the odd video Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158627 Winamp3 was crap, but Winamp 5 fixed most of the problems and I've stuck with that ever since........I really only use WMP for the odd video Pfft winamp3 was pathetic. It was post AOL buyout so no prizes for guessing who f@$ked it up. But winamp 2 was great. I hate the flexible skinning crap anyway hence I just run 5 in classic mode these days. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158629 i find winamp dosent play as loud as Media player. and winamp imo dosent have as many options. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158630 i find winamp dosent play as loud as Media player.and winamp imo dosent have as many options. lol! You are mistaken. Winamp has literally thousands of plugins. If you can't find a plugin to do what you need (doubtful), write one. We used winamp in several stage productions when we needed a quick reliable player and Ive NEVER had it let us down :). If its not playing loud enough (sounds more like a PEBKAC error to me) adjust your preamp level, its probably just shit levels in the rip (or set it to auto). From what Ive heard "popular" music is supposed to be clipping like all f@$k anyway so just crank the preamp right up. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158652 After my computer asking me every day for the last month or so if I wanted to update to Windows Media Player 9, I finally did it, thinking "hell, it can't be that bad, it'll just have a few extra features then it originally had... Windows Media Player has undergone a complete revamp Do yourself a favour and don't update :) I do believe that is the new media player 11. I've just upgraded to it from media player 10. Edited January 9, 200719 yr by philba Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158655 Yep, that's media player 11. I have it and I don't actually like it, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. Actually, not lazy, just too busy. It did change album info and it makes it harder to find songs but mewh, as I said too busy. I much prefer Winamp, I still have that on my puter so if I'm looking for something specific I'l use that. Lesley :) Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_158670 Winamp with classic skin for the WIN - stays at the top of my screen in window-shade mode, has no task bar real estate, and is very sys resource friendly. AND it doesn't take 4 days to start up. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now