Ke70/ae71/te72/ae86 Similarities & Differences

Ok.....

So which camber plates work best in a KE70 without buggering up castor? Does running AE86 struts contribute to this problem? If not, which camber tops are best suited?

Thanks

Chris

Struts don't change anything, they just bolt in to the strut top mount. Best to measure the strut tops you plan on using and see how closely they compare to your standard units. The mounting bolt pattern is the same in adm ae71 but the caster position is different to ae86. There is no easy answer, just measurements to be taken. I have tein cambertops which are very close to ae71 pattern.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyway, to keep things on topic, it seems to be the general consenus that:

1. AE86 front coilovers will bolt into a KE70/AE71 straight away

2. AE86 will not bolt directly into a KE70/AE71 as the KE70/AE71 uses a single bolt shock mount - HOWEVER, by welding in some reinforcing plate, drilling three mounting holes and a big central hole, it is possible to mount the AE86 coilovers.

with this if i got ae86 struts i would have to drill all this..? it would just go right in? i have a early ke70 and what our struts could i put in?

with this if i got ae86 struts i would have to drill all this..? it would just go right in? i have a early ke70 and what our struts could i put in?

I've got AE86 struts in my car at the moment and all that's needed to fit them into a KE70 (1983 if it matters) is installing AE86 steering arm's as well. You'll be able to fit them with their strut tops, but the castor will be way out, just install the standard tops on the struts.

Edit: I just realised that number 2 in what you've quoted is for the rear and yeah, you'll need to reinforce the area where the shock is normally mounted because when you go coilover system, the car's weight is placed where it isn't designed to be.

Edited by adam-__-

• 5 months later...
digging up an old thread...

just wondering what ae86/ae71/t18/ra40/ra60 front struts are compatible, or close to compatible with ke3x/ke55 front struts?

i currently have in my posession a set of ae71 front struts and am wondering whether this is a useful item for my ke35 (very interested to hear about ae71/ae86 strut compatibility because of a set of coilovers with 4 spot calipers i may be able to get hold of)

If you want upgrades for ke35, you're in the wrong place. This thread is about similarities between xE7x cars. Try using the search function including google, reading peoples project threads, or if that fails start a new thread in the appropriate area and ask specific questions. Its not really sporting to hijack a thread with this much info on another chassis, with your own different info. Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, i bought an ADM ae86 driver seat, and it fits, however it was a bit of work to try to bolt it in especially on the front right side so i don't think the mounts are exactly the same, but close enought that if force it, the holes will line up.

Also, the plastic cover on the bottom right hand side that covers all the recliner gear rubs up hard against the side of the car i.e. the ae86 seat is about half an inch too wide at the back. I think if i take the cover off it will be alright.... hopefully!

Cheers