Ke70/ae71/te72/ae86 Similarities & Differences

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An ADM AE86 seat is no more comfortable or supportive than a XE7X seat, one would wonder why you would do it :dance:

There is definately a noticable difference in support i.e. ae86 is better, but the main reason is because it drops the seat a significant amount (i would guess at least 50mm), so my knees no longer hit the steering wheel!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Guys... sorry to dig this up... but i am confused beyond your wildest dreams.

I have KE70 and lookign to upgrade the suspension.... and while i have read this etire thread there seem to be so many variations of the same solution so i thought i would ask the question a different way.

If i found an XT130 corona at a wrecker, which bits can i use to enable a better front end suspension. all of it? LCA's? Struts? Strut tops, Springs? Spring Hat? Brakes?, Calipers?, Steering Arms?

If i found an XT130 corona at a wrecker, which bits can i use to enable a better front end suspension. all of it? LCA's? Struts? Strut tops, Springs? Spring Hat? Brakes?, Calipers?, Steering Arms?

Its not too hard, infact its all logical.

Strut tops are car specific in all but a few cases. Several cars share bolt patterns but the caster position is frequently different (AE86 and KE70 are good example of this).

Everyone has said a million times xt130 lower control arms fit and give camber.

If you want to know what to do to fit the new struts, just grab the stuts and get to work. By now you would already know you can use them. You will work out what you can and can't do when things do or don't work. Why would you start mish mashing brakes? don't you want to fit the struts complete? Don't the struts have bigger better brakes than a ke? Whats a logical conclusion to draw? Use the brakes on the strut perhaps?

People are more inclined to give you answers to intelligent questions that ask for specific answers to specific questions.

General requests for a complete program and parts list of how to do a certain mod are often not well received, and with good reason. However, if people see that you have put some thought and effort into it, they will generally encourage and support you. :P

Ok Guys... sorry to dig this up... but i am confused beyond your wildest dreams.

I have KE70 and lookign to upgrade the suspension.... and while i have read this etire thread there seem to be so many variations of the same solution so i thought i would ask the question a different way.

I'm working on this conversion at the moment for mine. At this stage from my research here and on Toymods it only appears you need to change the strut tops to the ones you already have.

If you use all the parts, strut, LCA, brakes and steering arms, you will get bigger brakes, a bit of camber and it all works. A good cheap upgrade in my opinion. You only need to upgrade master cylinder.

Check Silverra23's build thread he has covered this in detail :P

I'm working on this conversion at the moment for mine. At this stage from my research here and on Toymods it only appears you need to change the strut tops to the ones you already have.

If you use all the parts, strut, LCA, brakes and steering arms, you will get bigger brakes, a bit of camber and it all works. A good cheap upgrade in my opinion. You only need to upgrade master cylinder.

Check Silverra23's build thread he has covered this in detail :P

Thanks a Bunch for your Helpful reply!!!!!

i did read about the pajero Brake MC upgrade... will look into it...

once again you are a Gentleman for your resposne.... if only all the people who contributed here could be like you!

rgds

Andy.

• 6 months later...

Oh ok. Well i have never really looked into it, as my shock spring setup is more than adequate.

They are KYB short strokes with 6.5kg springs.

Do you maybe have part-numbers for this springs and shocks? I'm in South Africa and seriously need to stiffen the rear because we use the car for gymkhana exclusively and have a lot of body-roll. still running standard suspention at the moment.

Oh ok. Well i have never really looked into it, as my shock spring setup is more than adequate.

They are KYB short strokes with 6.5kg springs.

Do you maybe have part-numbers for this springs and shocks? I'm in South Africa and seriously need to stiffen the rear because we use the car for gymkhana exclusively and have a lot of body-roll. still running standard suspention at the moment.

If you want less bodyroll try a stiffer swaybar.

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys Just a quick question here! Does the Tension Rod from the Ae86 Compatible with Ke70/Ae71?

I'm not overly sure on that one

Also Does the Outter Tie Rod ends from Ae86 Compatible on Ke70/Ae71?

For the Non power steering arm!

Yes.

Except for the van and t-18

True it can be a bit of "Caveat emptor" with somethings which is why its a good thing to be able to cross reference parts and keep the receipts if something has to go back, yadda yadda yadda.

But anywhat the outer tie rods for the ke70/ae71/ae86 are the same (PAJA catalogue gives the part number as TE3676R, whereas Protex is TE803R)

Ball joints are the same as well BJ145 across the board from ke30 - ae86 and everything inbetween unless its something from left field

• 2 months later...

but i would like to purches a different engine to put in it i.e a twin cam or something along that line .

can i get some sort of ( easy fit reliable low cost engine for $1000 to $2000 buks fitted and running ) excluding certificate ?

i don't like the facked its leaded and 1300cc

For starters you've posted in the wrong spot, off the thread subject, but i won't hold that against you.

You won't get a twin cam in the car for under two grand. Over two grand you will, but you'll need it certified. Unless you know people.

Yes once a upon time every car made before 1985, or something around then, ran on leaded petrol but you'll be fine on unleaded and a bit iffy on the ethanol blended petrol.