Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70/ae71/te72/ae86 Similarities & Differences

Featured Replies

I think its a bit of a myth that you need this ultra stiff setup to encourage the car to break traction.

 

Hey shhh, i have not got to the track yet, haha

  • Replies 131
  • Views 792.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I think people use stiff as shit springs to compensate for them cheaping out on (or buying incorrect) shock absorbers.

 

Having had 8kg/6kg in a 1300kg Silvia, I don't understand why anyone would ever contemplate putting those spring rates in a 900kg street driven Corolla. It would be so stiff its bordering on or beyond dangerous for the street. Even for drift a softer setup will work. I think its a bit of a myth that you need this ultra stiff setup to encourage the car to break traction.

 

I think you're on the money there. I've seen quite a few corollas (E7's) that the chassis under the front guards near the shock towers has warped and twisted due to the ultra hard springs people are running up front.

I think you're on the money there. I've seen quite a few corollas (E7's) that the chassis under the front guards near the shock towers has warped and twisted due to the ultra hard springs people are running up front.

 

Wouldn't surprise me at all :|

 

That was a major factor in my decision to get those springs out of my car. I was seriously concerned about the long term effects on the chassis (along with the rubbish ride and dicey handling). I probably could have swapped in lower spring rates and those shock absorbers would have worked fine but I have no regrets buying a complete spring/shock package.

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

ke70 window and door rubbers same as ae71? whot about door trims? cheers

ke70 window and door rubbers same as ae71? whot about door trims? cheers

Yeah of course everything is interchangeable from ke70/ae71 they are the same car almost except for the engine and driveline which will still all fit.

I had all ke70 rubbers and they all fit my te71 too

  • 2 weeks later...

it wasnt realy decisively answered earlier on in this thread, but are AE86 swaybars compatible with KE70/AE71?

I'm looking at buying some AE86 whiteline swaybars for my KE70 - from what i thought they would be happily cross compatible?

it wasnt realy decisively answered earlier on in this thread, but are AE86 swaybars compatible with KE70/AE71?

I'm looking at buying some AE86 whiteline swaybars for my KE70 - from what i thought they would be happily cross compatible?

WOW man you're like a god! Buddy Christ is such a perfect picture! Can't believe I'm gonna give you info when I used your's when I was first looking at doing a 4AGE conversion.

 

Yeah man you sure can I have a whiteline 22mm Front adjustable swaybar and 20mm rear adjustable. Only issue's are the following:

The end links where they sit in the LCA's are on a crazy angle and haven't popped out but look like they would. Having longer Corona arms would fix this issue.

 

The ends of the adjustable swaybar are like a big flat blade shape so I had to cut a rectangle hole where the swaybar goes through the castor rod mounts to fit the end of the swaybar through.

 

The front Swaybar mount bushes fitted ok but the rear ones I had to get KE70 swaybar bushes for a 20mm swaybar as the AE86 ones must have a smaller mount.

cheers for the info - thats enough confirmation for me :)

it will bolt in,

 

but getting an oem tailshaft to work with the K engine and an S or T will prove difficult unless you go custom.

 

He's the one with the TE70.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.