Ke55 Leaf Springs

Members dont see this ad

i made a custom "drifto" leaf pack, what i did was buy too packs of springs from the wreckers and cut all the holder things off and took them all apart, then i cut the eyes off the main carryer springs (the longest ones) and put them under the old main ones with all the other 3 original ones the same way they came, then i fliped the remaining 3 and it makes it sit nice, (nearly under the guards) looks duight sexy i think,

eliminates tramp and makes it damn hard

btw its not how it is in my dp ( that has 1.5 lowering blocks in it aswell)

yeah i have, we flipped the main leaf then added another second spring, has quite good, not as good as reset pack but heaps better than standard and crap loads better than normal leaf flipping.

you don't get the saggy softnes of the flipped leafs, if you going to go down the flipped road, id say go this way :P

also it lowered the car a fair bit, but not too far there was still a bit of travel. the spring rate goes up aswell, fair bit stiffer

Edited by pozman

I like stock rear springs, with stiffer shocks. Allows you to put the power down a lot more through corners with out worrying about the rear end skipping out, especially on bumpy roads. Way less skatey in the wet too. You can also carry a load as well without sitting on the bumpstops.

Low stiff suspension is all fine and good on perfectly smooth roads or on the track. Out on twisty bumpy roads extra suspension compliance helps a lot. Guess it depends on how you drive, the roads you drive on and how important "the look" is to you.

Edited by Felix

hey doityourself what do you mean by less progressive rate and more solid state

Leaf springs are a progressive spring rate, hence the reason the leaves are different lengths.

I want a constant spring rate, hoping by using 3 main leafs (2 with loops cut off) and one no.3 leaf.