Ae71 Engine

alloroC

well my 4A has cracked the shits and finally died

has a cracked water jacket at the back of the motor and is leaking coolant like theres no tomorrow. it also blew off the bolt on the rocker cover and sprayed oil everywhere in the engine bay. Its screwed the thread on the rocker gear and can't tighten.

So my question is, what engine can i put in there without too much hassle.

would it be easier to put a 4A back in? or can i get a 4K to fit?

help me out people

Thanks

Jon

Members dont see this ad
If you work a 4K or even a 5K, its gonna piss all over a 4A-C.

why bother? just go ge then you abit of power to have fun with aswell, also you will have an efi motor not a temperamental carby motor, plus who wants to go to all that effort for a slower motor.

and thats my two cents.

goodluck with it.

To fit a 4age you will need a RWD manifold or get the FWD one cut 'n' shut, Wiring will need to be sorted which can be a pain if your not inclinded that way, You will also need a lift pump and a pressure to provide enough fuel.

If you can do all of that yaself it will be pretty cheap. :D

what the f**k..? put a 4k into a ae71..

worked 4k pissing on a 4ac? what the hell is wrong with you people??

i have a ke70, it had a stock but healthy 4K (everyone said it went well for a 4k), i put a thrashed 4ac in and it had so much more power, both motor where stock. anyone who puts a 4k into a ae71 for anyless than a paddock basher cause he sold the cross member out of it is a nutter. ke70's are much cheaper generaly to buy in the first place. its like saying ive got a rather big penis, might have some cut off to make it smaller.

a 4k would piss on a 4ac if you spent money on it, but if you spent the quivelent on a 4ac it would be in front definately!!

AlloroC: put another 4ac in until you have the cash/parts to do a 4age conversion, do a bit of research, there are threds available on many web sites giveing info on what has to be done to put a ge in, depending on how much work you do your self your looking at upto 2grand.

if you don't need much in the way of power (not as little as 4k, oh god) keep the 4ac, put a bigger carb on it, 32/36 webbers are populer choice and are fairly cheap, around 100 bucks and it should do the job well. have you ever owned a 4K powered anything..? they are slow unless you throw heaps of money at it...

edit: sorry for the massive flameage of 4K's but a really dislike them, they are tough motors but they are also make the car very very slow, slower than a 4ac.

Edited by tas_ae71

If you mean - like working a 3K, I do but then again I am a fruit cake.

Slowly but surely I am devising my engine package, that should piss all over a 4ac

ok but is that 3k going into a 71..? no it not its going into a ke-30 (i assume from ur sig) which already use a k series motor so u do not need to change everything around to fit.. this person does.. and why bother when its slower and it costs more than jsut getting a 4ac to drop bak in since theyre pretty much free.

secondly you said ur woking ur motor which should beat a 4ac... but i was talking about stock motors.. and we all no a 4k is slower than a 2 legged dog trying to pull a slede through the snow...

• 2 weeks later...

Id say if u had a ke70, go a k series engine for ease, but you don't have a ke70. You have the gift of ae71 goodness. Go the 4a. I'm sure there are tons of people here who will swap there ke70 crossmember for your ae71 crossmember if you want a k series engine. IMO its a step in the wrong direction. My 2c.

Matt