O My God

Trufauru

Members dont see this ad

thats awesome!

but unfortunately i don't think it will happen, its great to dream. but i doubt it will get off the ground. and if they do i think you'll find theyre gonna be way too much to buy after the cost of redeveloping it to suit modern day trying to make it 'comtemporary'.

but only time will tell.

i think that for the return of the 86 they could take the IS200 chasis and shorten it a bit, then make it light weight, add a 4 cilinder engine 2ZZ-GE, 3S-GE(this one came with the IS200), or they could also leeve the IS200 engines 1G-FE, 160hp and 2JZ-GE, 215-230hp

some thing like this: :wink:

altezzaroku9d2d378do3.jpg

to make it lighter they have to take out selling points or saftey items all which give toyota the sales

But it's not going to be designed as a mass-market car, thats the thing. People will buy it because they know of the potential it has. If they want electronic seats, twenty-billion airbags and whatnot, they'll go buy a Benz or something. If they want a lightweight, nimble small-medium car with sporting pretensions, they'll buy this. Look at the MX5 and Elise: classic examples of relatively bare, purpose-built cars that have sold very well, because they appeal to a certain part of the market.

I personally reckon a liftback based on a lightened (ie most of the luxury gear trimmed out) IS chassis, like the picture above, is the way to go. In a similar vein, for Toyota to really compete against the Falcon and Commodore here, they need to strip the luxury and electronic features out of the GS (hence making it cheaper), hence having a medium/large sized RWD sedan with a V8 option, for something around the price of a up-spec Falcon. Call it the Aristo, or Chaser, or Cressida, and it's problem-solved-buy-me-a-beer time.

Toyota would probably still have the moulds to build "genuine" AE86s... Imagine if they built a limited run (say 100) of those crazy Levins you can get in GT3... The 'special', won-not-bought panda-liveried ones that rev to about 11000rpm!!

Sell them for 50 or 60k each, people would snap them up!! Lightweight panels and alloy, adjustable suspension components. Get TRD or an outside tuner to build and tune special engines, LSDs and close ratio boxes. Add the option of a specially designed, purpose-built rollcage... License to print money, Toyota!!