Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been told by a reliable source to not worry about the microtech and just got with a adaptronic or if i wanna spend the money get a motec or autronic, I will end up gettin the adaptronic as i know of users and it seems reliable.

I got my TE71 GT model kit today so work on that will start soon to be the replica of the real thing, I also have a left hand mirror comin in the next week.

Out of interest - not sure if it's in any of the pictures but I didn't remember seeing it - what did you do for the turbo oil lines?

Nothing as yet, The car is still way off that step, But i am using the spare bigport sandwich plate and sump as the feed and return.

Edited by Trev

Oh okay. Did you mean smallport sump? If I'm not mistaken the smallport sump has an oil return (well, mine does anyway) for the return from the oil cooler. I guess I could T into this for a return from a turbo, but hmm, I wonder where I'd get a feed from... T into the oil pressure gauge??? Hmm...

Yep, I've seen lots of T pieces in the block at the oil pressure sender. Just make sure its stainless or mild steel, brass is no good.

Every bigport I've had has had a return in the sump. They don't fit 20V bottom ends like I was told either.

If the turbo's water cooled too, just T the feed /return for the heater.

Cool, thanks for that :y: I don't know much/anything about turbo setups, so just wondering what would be involved if I did decide to chuck a turbo on my 4AGE... Everything else appears to be fairly straight forward ie buy manifold, buy turbo, bolt on, get exhaust made, etc :)

Oh yeah... How is boost controlled? Like I know that the wastegate controls it, and I know if you want more boost then you can put a bleed on the wastegate so it opens later, but how do you get LESS boost? Or know how much boost a wastegate will run before it opens?

Edited by demuire

No its a bigport sump.

Most wastegate actuators are 7psi, The only way i know if to get it to run under that is to get a smaller actuator.

You can come over one day and have a good look at my project if you want.

Edited by Trev

Yeah, might take you up on that offer - if only out of interest. I don't know if I'll go the turbo route just yet - I've put in some feedback to the organisers of the events I do about the classes, and perhaps they will reinstate the capacity class. If they do, I doubt I'll go turbo. If not, maybe I will.

Only a minor update, I recieved the left hand side mirror today, Some pics are shit as i forgot the flash but took em anyway.

(don't say "Its just a mirror, Whats with all the pics" :wink:)

post-1373-1187000434_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1187000467_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1187000505_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1187000545_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1187000597_thumb.jpg