Trim Options For Ke30,36,38,55

flat out

Members dont see this ad
i want to know what come with black seats, and iff a coupe or sedan come with them,

jdm look yo :jamie:

the early ke30 (74, 75, 76), i have only seen a handfull with factory black trimmed seats, either that or they have gone to alot of trouble to re-cover the seats in black, correct me if I'm wrong?

I just had half of my drivers seat re-trimmed. The guy didn't just match the colour, he matched the vinyl to Vinyl Toyota used back in the day. Granted it doesn't look 100% the same but that's because the seats have like 26 years of wear in them. I'm sure if you go to a professional they'd be able to match a "Black" coloured vinyl to one that Toyota used.

I'd also go to someone that does a good job too. I wasn't too happy with mine. Its crooked and the stitching was done in brown instead of white.

My 76 ke 30, has an all white interior, seats and trim, off white/grey A and C pollar trims, and black carpet.

My bro's 79 ke55 is all brown, cloth seat and black A/C trims. Exposed sill.

BTW when did they start doing the door trim to the top, i.e non exposed sill?????? :jamie:

full door trim started with the 55 I think.

I have a set of black seats front and rear in Shikuza, they were donated from an early 30, I wish I got the black door trims and carpet too but they are gone now. At some stage I will get the front seats redone as the stitching is starting to let go on the ass section, the rear seats how ever are PERFECT!

what did that set you back jon?

$220.00, that fixed the sag, worn padding and all the tears in the bottom half of the drivers seat.

BTW when did they start doing the door trim to the top, i.e non exposed sill?????? :jamie:

I think it was in 81 when the square headlight model got all the new parts. (int. wipers, 5 speed standard (i think), Removable headrests, square headlights, updated tail end, updated bumpers, FM radio and door trims that go over the sill with pockets in the front doors.)

$220.00, that fixed the sag, worn padding and all the tears in the bottom half of the drivers seat.

I think it was in 81 when the square headlight model got all the new parts. (int. wipers, 5 speed standard (i think), Removable headrests, square headlights, updated tail end, updated bumpers, FM radio and door trims that go over the sill with pockets in the front doors.)

Not all models got those specs, but you're right in saying that the full-height door trims came about with the 55 mid-life update. My 55 has full height trims, square headlights but non-adjustable headrests (CS seats, but the SE ones didn't have it either), intermittent wipers but only the 4-speed. No idea about the FM though, that had been ripped out a long time before I bought the car

Was at the wreckers and saw this in a square headlight KE55.

post-1158-1177660134_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1177660144_thumb.jpg

I think it may be an aftermarket job but am not sure. What makes me think aftermarket is the fact that it says "Trunk". But on the other hand it is in the square headlight model plus the boot part looks like it could have been original.

Any theories??

I don't have one of them boot poppers in my 55, its a square headlight model,came with a am radio from factory and a 4sp.

Blue door trims n carpet :)

Now i have painted the car black, got black carpet and just need to retrim my doors