Random Photo Thread

Members dont see this ad
post-5661-1281885634_thumb.jpg

Everything is big in the NT, even the ants build big enough to park a Corolla in.

Yeh those anthills are crazy. I got a few pics of them last year when I went to darwin for a bit of a look around. They build them that way to minimise heat for themselves apparantly. I read a sign up there about it, but can't remember exactly.

Edited by Chobis

Ahh but just remember diesel fuel, just like the Russian dirt from the north, freezes :P

Well spotted sir! But again, I'm ahead of the game here... The plumbing and electrical systems in this rig are... Epic.

Both standard tanks plus the extra 120L alloy tank are being fitted with dual heating elements... (multiple redundancy ftw)

One being water lines run from the HWS, which is in turn warmed by 2 heat exchangers, one from the engine, another from the exhaust...

The other is a regular 12V coiled wire element.

The 12V system has alternator, solar, and standalone generator to keep it charged. (Again, redundancy)

This vehicle is being built to survive flood/fire/famine/pestilence/nuclear winter/zombie apocalypse.

I got my first AE82 up to 150, absolute top speed she could manage... then it cracked the head in 3 places :D

Absolute top speed for the 2ltr 82 Celica seams to be ~130 :P

thats abit weak out of a 82 model celica my mate got his 86 model fwd celica off the clock at like 206, and i got my ta22 all the way out to 175 on a flat road on the way back from the coast