Ke70Daves....Ke70

ke70dave

ahh well its been almost one year.....thats a little scary....

unfortunately the budget hasn't allowed much to change too much on the thing

ive got some new wheels on the back there thanks to mr matt "little red spirit"

ive also been building up a bit of a 4age, that one day will be tested and put in for some fun times....

and the biggest change...its buffed, polished and waxed!!!

unfortunately the bonnet still looks like crap.....gota respray one day...

anyway heres some pretty pics for you all!

the4age.jpg

shinycar1.jpg

shinycar2.jpg

shinycar4.jpg

shinycar3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm that's nice. :doh:

cheers mate

carbon fibre bonnet.... you know you want to :(

at least gloss black?

looking good dave.

-dave

hahaha

no carbon bonnet here!

wouldn't mind a FRP one i guess, but legel legal's aren't really a fan of them...

and no black either! keeping it blluuueeee

bit of extra news for you all.

i started up that 4age where it is sitting.

managed to get it running on just injectors and dizzy, no MAP/TPS or any sensors at all

needless it say it didnt run very well, but i got a few revs out of it!

compression results jumped from 140 90 95 100 to 160 170 165 170, so I'm pretty happy that.

few extra things to get, and its 4age fun time :laff:

• 4 months later...

well its been a while.....

but i bring updates of the cool kind!

on the australia day weekend me and my mate started putting in the 4age.

friday night: rip appart dash, remove ke70 pedal box, half install ae71 box, disconnect half of 4k engine. sleep at midnight.

saturday: 4k came out in about the first hour, drilled hole for ae71 pedal box, fitted clutch master and clutch line, changed crossmember to ae71, plonked in 4age. sick of it by this stage so called it a day!

sunday: fitted alternator, measured up the belt and went and bought it. half put in the loom. drove to ipswitch to get a ae71 gbox xmember. church time, enough of corolla gave up for the day.

monday (australia day): bolted vl turbo fuel pump to car connected pipes. beerhead comes round about midday and does a crack of a job with the wiring, hes good this bloke! we get the wiring sorted by about 6pm. time to see if it starts. get a bit of a cough out of it, fix timing, get it to run for the first time at around 9pm. time to call it a day. at this stage I'm thinking that i may have just converted my ke70 to 4age in 4 days. but it was not to be.

get home from work on tuesday....and find THE SUMP IS FULL OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm extremely annoyed at this point in time.....so i leave it for a few days.

by thursday the head is off and time to inspect the damage.

head gasket is VERY soggy so that isnt good.

long story short, took the head down to the machinist and he checks it out, it is in good order but needs a few new valves. all up 300$ including a shave to make it nice and clean. best part is its brand new looking! nice and shiny from the acid clean.

head is back by the following friday.

plonk it back on with a standard gasket and its all good. got it towed to the exhaust shop about a week later, got me 2.25" with a resonator, new cat and a muffler out the back. has a nice note to it, but its a tad loud....not really raspy though which is good!

teething problems are always present with these things, needed to get my injectors cleaned and some new spark plugs. also needed a new tps but i had a spare. also had some mega vacuum leaks but fixed them up.

and so this is the completed product!

4agedonecomplete.jpg

and hese a pic of the exhaust, got a cool little dump pipe lookin thing, and the exhaust man painted the whole thing black which is quite cool too. the lowest part of the whole car is now the bottom of the secondaries on the stock jdm extractors so i think thats pretty good!

DSC04328.jpg

i have since got it mod plated by a mate from church (nice and easy hehe) and am currently organising insurance that will hopefully cover all these mods!!

also ive just realised i havent put up any pics of my new lip that i got from little red spirit! cheers again matt!

DSC04142.jpg

DSC04141.jpg

and heres about the only pic i can find of the rear of the car with the new exhaust, pretty "stealth" id say, can't see crap!

rearcar.jpg

so overall I'm extremely happy with the 4age, its like a different car to drive now, so much fun!!

as for future plans:

-really need some new seats to hold me in....stock ke seats suck!

-also really need an LSD! might get mr rudd to pay for one with his free money.

-need to fit my strut brace

-need to get a full nolathane? bush kit,tighten everything up!

-woudl like to clean up the interiour a bit, get a non cracked dash, and possibly some new carpet. i bought some el cheapo dark blue seat covers yesty, makes it look a bit nicer!

but mostly i just want to DRIVE!!!!!!! went for a hlls drive last weekend, stacks of fun, woudl like to enter some sprints maybe? or hill climbs..i dunno....something fun anyway. will give this drifting a go once i get a lsd i reckon.

anyway this is one epic post...hope ya like the blue car!

Very nice mate. It looks like having problems with the motor before going into a E7 is normal these days. :cool:

Good to hear everything's up and running though. I agree 100% the 4AGE in a KE makes a HUGE difference, so much more fun to drive.

Sounds like you've got similar plans to me. :dance: Need a seat to hold me in and really need a new diff as well!

All the best with it. :D

• 5 months later...

right update time!!!

right well it has been a while since updates.

not a whole lot has happend

ive given the wheels a nice coat of paint ($2 export!) which is working alot better than i thought it would.....

i have put some uber long wheel studds on the back, remind me of those spikey things that they put on the chariots.....

ive put my surge tank system, theres a pic down there, working brilliantly, nice and quiet!

ive also bought a A J P S t50 shifter bush rebuild kit thing. if any of you have a t50... and you don't have one of these...go and buy one!!!! much nicer gear changes. thanks again mr A. J. P. S. (when is rollaclub going to grow up and stop the A. J. P. S filter...)

anyway heres some pretty pics of the blackened wheels

I'm also on the look out for a t series diff too if anyone has one..

27062009034.jpg

27062009033.jpg

completewithouttank.jpg

oh and i got me a recaro as well!

pooke705.jpg

Edited by ke70dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hmm people replying to my thread and i not noticing for 2 months....

thanks for the comment rollaspec.

have a search for the flat front conversion, quite a few threads on it already, its easy as.

in short: guards, lights (with rewiring), bonnet, grill thing between bonnet and windscreen, front apron.

lights wont bolt in.

as for the rolla, not much has changed. my front lip had an incident with a carpark gutter thing (those things that are suppose to stop your front wheels). and the mounts broke that were holding it on, and i havent bothered putting them back on. sorta like it without it. see how i go.

i have some new front coilovers, with adjustable damping. my spine is grateful for that. got some bridge stone coilovers which are 8kg with 4 way adj damping, they use kyb agx inserts so are rebuildable as well. handles much better with these in.

my fuel system is in the process of being rehashed, putting a VL lift pump inside the tank, going to follow the thing in the FAQ, hopefully get that done this weekend sometime.

what else......i really need to do the rear bushes in my car. ive replaced the castor rod bushes not long ago, and that made a nice difference. front end is really tight now.

looking into upgraded swaybar for the front, don't want to go to big though, but i can feel the front end rolling a bit to much. but i dunno about paying 300$ for a piece of bar......see if i can find me some good deals....

and thats about all i have to report!