August 2, 200719 yr comment_189988 Hello. Just curious as to any radiators people have used to replace and upgrade the standard item in their AE71/KE70 4age project. Ill need one before the heat of summer kicks in. I'm looking for something about 410mm high, by 550mm wide, with both hose connections on the drivers side. So far my best option is looking like a rebuild of a standard one, to include 3 cores. This costs in the vacinity of 500 dollars, so Id rather find something potentially better and cheaper. I don't mind fabricating any mounts to make it fit. don't be shy now. Edited August 2, 200719 yr by LittleRedSpirit Report
August 2, 200719 yr comment_190016 I got my AE71 recored, cost: $420. Have not hooked up the engine yet, so I can't tell how it will go in the tropics. I will be running this radiator, an intercooler and a A/C condensor. If cooling problems are to be had, I will find them. i did the same thing, but used my KE70 radiator and got it recored so its got 3?? not 100% but cost me something around the $400 mark. And while i was at it i hooked a thermo fan up to it so ive never had problems with heat as its adjustable. Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190085 r32 skyline radiator champ !!!! i use one in my rb25 powered onevia and it copes on track days in summer !!!! that with 2 r32 thermos .. however , check out www.justjap.com.au theyre alloy rads to suit ca18det or rb20 (r32 ) should suit fine Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190099 Apparently Hyundai Excel rads are the shiz, and fit rather well... the jellybean shaped X3 excels. Twin thermos. Oooh yeah. Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190108 My #E7# has a vl or vl turbo? radiator in it. It's a fare sized unit but fits well and does the job. A better fitting (then mine) or 2 thermo fans with shroud would be good to :o Can get some measurements and post a pic if you like. Cheers Dan Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190124 just go to a wreckers with a measuring tape in hand and see what you can find.. Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190129 FYI- I went over the Hyundai's a while back, excel water pipes match a KE70, Lantra match a 4AGE/4AC install. Ebay Lantra radiator Apparently Hyundai Excel rads are the shiz, and fit rather well... the jellybean shaped X3 excels. Twin thermos. Oooh yeah. Report
August 3, 200719 yr Author comment_190137 I wanna change it cause there is no way my standard unit will cope with summer. Pictures would be great if you have any, Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190158 You can use a Celica FWD Radiator, (the ones that first came with the 3SGE) one of the lower mounts is bolted on to the rad support, so just get two bolt them onto your KE rad support and use the brackets for the top from the Celica aswell. You also need an AE82 4AGE top rad hose as it has the right bend to go to the top rad outlet. Cheers, Rob Report
August 4, 200719 yr comment_190184 Here's a couple of pics, was told it's a vl turbo radiator from the guy I got the car off but will have to check it against the bloke at works vl to make sure. It was originally held in with zip ties but I've made some brackets (pictured) and the bottom sits on the original (vl) rubber blocks and fits pretty good. Big enough? Simple brackets (not finished) Weld stud to plate and plate to radiator Sorry there's no measurements, I couldn't find a bloody tape measure (I really need to clean my shed out :o ) Edited August 4, 200719 yr by HRV-00S Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now