Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

Featured Replies

Alright folks,

 

Its about time I posted my roller up. Haven't done it yet cos I was too lazy to take a pic of it.

 

post-2873-1187265956_thumb.jpg

 

Engine no: 3K .....

Box: 2 Speed Toyoglide!

Frame No: KE16 - .......

Body No: .....

Delivery Date: .....

Paint: Burgundy (looks orange red in these crappy pics tho)

Trim: ...

Kms: Pending

 

Sold By:

Who else but the corolla god himself - Pete Robinson! (he was selling for a customer)

 

Modifications:

A bunch of things done prior to my ownership:

- Front discs, power boosted

- 3K

- Mazda 13s

 

Stereo: some JVC speakers in the doors and boot. A JVC head unit yet to be fitted. thats about it, its just for listening to the 9am news really.

 

Future plans: -a new motor. Theres a 5k yet to be rebuilt, perhaps with an SC on it. And I'll hopefully get a new 4k and 5 speed for it this weekend. Got a mate lined up to do some head work and a new camshaft, and theres some twin SU's in the post.

 

Its my economical runabout/second car/parts chaser/cheap "play with and learn" project.

 

And I should be dumping it soon. Something like this:

 

post-2873-1187267332_thumb.jpg

 

Also plan to rattle can the rims gloss black and find some nice hubbies - something different perhaps... fiesta tri bars maybe...

 

I'll try keep this updated!

 

Cheers,

 

Tom.

Edited by philbey

  • Replies 182
  • Views 328.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

repping the toyoglide

 

Jordan

Nice tommy! liking it very much.

 

I was just about to pm you cause I was itching to see a pic or two.

be keen to see the interior etc too.

 

Future plans: -a new motor. Theres a 5k yet to be rebuilt, perhaps with an SC on it. And I'll hopefully get a new 4k and 5 speed for it this weekend. Got a mate lined up to do some head work and a new camshaft, and theres some twin SU's in the post.

 

Sounds good. I have very simular plans myself.

 

Scott.

 

 

PS> where are the whitewalls!!??

don't rattle can the rims, they look cool as is.

 

Jordan

  • Author
repping the toyoglide

 

Jordan

 

You know I'm still debating whether to keep it or not, and just get a taller diff. Its pretty cruisy to drive just point and go! haha. My other car is a tricky manual to drive, so I can have the middle ground.

 

Nice tommy! liking it very much.

 

I was just about to pm you cause I was itching to see a pic or two.

be keen to see the interior etc too.

Sounds good. I have very simular plans myself.

 

Scott.

PS> where are the whitewalls!!??

 

Which reminds me scott, I better reply to that last pm you sent me!

 

As for the whitewalls, I just gotta find a good spot in melbs that I can get them done. any ideas people?

Sweet as dude,

 

I can't wait to get in touch with this pete guy,

especially after now seeing some of his stock

 

Any idea of what you will have to spend for a set of whitewalls?

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Long time no speak in this spot. Progress so far, I've recarpeted the rear, and retrimmed the doors etc. I'll post pics shortly. Pulled the base of the back seat out and cruise with the rear all open and airy!

 

Rims now painted Gloss Black - highly recommend the Holts rattle cans, they work a treat, no more Aussie Export rubbish.

 

Scored a set of twin dellortos, and I'll be strapping them to the 5K I'm building up as well.

 

As for the Whitewalls, I'm living in Adelaide now, apparently SA whitewalls does them for 25 bucks a corner. Soon to be determined!

Edited by philbey

now that ur in adelaide

 

give Darryl a call on 0427 715 380.

hes the man to talk to about getting your walls done.

 

cheers, scott

  • Author

Better start looking then mate, took me 6 years to get this one.

 

I did score another one through Pete about 6 years ago, but that was absolutely stuffed. Body wasn't even worth salvaging in the end.

 

I was interested in one that Gavclassic had for sale, then came across this instead!

 

As for the whitewalls Scott, I spoke to Daryl today as a matter of fact! Next week hopefully!

haha ill never find one although i found a newspaper from 1973 in the ceiling at work the other day with plenty of ke1* wagons and vans for sale in it lol

Philbey, may i ask how much he asked for the whitewalls?

 

Will...

Awesome ride Tom, love it!

 

As for whitewalls there are a couple guys recently in business together - one drives a slammed matt black HD ute and the other a slammed matt black HK ute.

 

If anyone wants their number I can get it.

 

Cheers,

Tom

  • Author

He quoted me 80 bucks for four tyres with a stripe of about 3/4-1 inch wide, which I thought was insanely cheap.

 

Needs access to power and to be parked on a flat, takes about an hour to do, from 8 to 2, anywhere in Adelaide.

 

Darryl at SA Whitewalls - 0427 715 380.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.