Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

It was known as grip racing before Pro street came out, I have known it to be used for about 5 years as circuit racing can be drift or grip.

 

Pro Street was the first time I heard it, and heard it heaps more after that, so I put two and two together (not fully into the racing scene myself, drift track or drag)

 

Only drifters call circuit racing "Grip". I despise it. Its not like someones going to confuse drifting with circuit racing.

 

The problem is, all the wannabe drifters (probably half of the P-platers out there with a Commodore/R31 Skyline/KE70) use it, trying to sound cool, and since that includes a lot of the hektik crowd, you see it mentioned everywhere.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

i've never heard of said GRIP

i guess i'm not 'with it'

Ive never heard it either...

 

I'm into circuit racing, hill climbs and super sprints aswell as a smidge of drag racing here and there.

 

aswell as being heavily into speedway (REAL drifting! haha)

 

anyway, Ive never heard it before and if someone happened to start using it around me, I'm pretty sure id laugh at them....

 

"yo man, i was fully into the grip scene before I started to slide my doof mobile"

 

sounds like such a wanker term.

anyway, Ive never heard it before and if someone happened to start using it around me, I'm pretty sure id laugh at them....

 

"yo man, i was fully into the grip scene before I started to slide my doof mobile"

 

sounds like such a wanker term.

 

It is. Which is why it's usually said by wankers, or people trying to sound cooler than they really are.

this kid right here-

 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=100571103

 

The *** halfwit added me ages ago and was commenting how "sik my torry was cuz"

 

I'm a big torana lover, and it seems his parents have toranas (quite nice ones)

 

but the kid is an absolute drop kick, dimwitted asshole.

 

Definitely the load his mum should have swallowed.

 

a nice extract from the start of his "about me"

 

SUUUUP l am TOM, my hobbey is pretty much losing my lisence haha, l am 6ft 5, l am an apprentice boilermaker, if you ask me something and want the truth l will tell you, don't talk to my about snazzing up my myspace lm not in to that shit and l hate computers, l like to drink hard, l get angry sometimes, l love to smash and brake stuff when lv had a few and if you piss me off l will punch you in the face.... fights are mad get in there and punch some 1, l go 2 lots of pubs and burn c**ts at pool and night clubs, lol, love bying/steeling a car and thrashing it to death... then burning the were it stops, lv lost my lisence for being a dickhead and darn, like to do mad burnouts on c**ts quiet streets and l like baging up peopels nice lawn haha. l hate smart big and little fagets that talk shit. YOU PISS ME OFF and c**ts that act hell tuff, stuk up c**ts that think thay r hell top shit,

 

 

obviously spelling isnt his top priority.... school? whats that?

 

And steeling cars? one of those who deserves to have their hands removed.

 

Its Kids like this that are the problem with society. If you can't raise kids properly, then don't have them.

You coulf effectively report that to the police if you wanted to and he'd probably get into a shitload of trouble for destruction of property and theft, providing its true of course :bash:

He even provides photographic evidence in his pictures....

 

But in all honesty, where do you report it? I'm in NSW, he is in WA.

 

Already says he is "goin 2 cort" for driving offences and is going to lose his licence for good. (like that will stop a f@$ktard like that)

And steeling cars? one of those who deserves to have their hands removed.

Too right.

Its Kids like this that are the problem with society. If you can't raise kids properly, then don't have them.

And yet its these scumbag parents who turn around and blame it on the government, the cops, other parents when their kids start acting against society cause they can't control said kid. And yet its these same scumbag parents who turn around and tell us that if a kid is naughty you should only tell said kid that he/she/it/want ever it is/could be/should be/possibly is "that was naughty" and said kid/thing shouldn't feel hurt cause it might grow up with issues.....

i've never heard of said GRIP

i guess i'm not 'with it'

 

 

I used to be "with it"

Then they changed what "it: was

Now "it" is wierd and scary :bash:

hey man

you better be careful

he's taller than you

and apparently he likes to bash c*nts

:bash:

bahaha

what a tossbag

Society in general grinds my gears.

YOU PISS ME OFF and c**ts that act hell tuff, stuk up c**ts that think thay r hell top shit

 

contradiction much?

 

Rather than the baby thet should have slapped his mother at birth :bash:

haha, hope he has a massive reach to go with his height.... something about being thousands of kilometres away makes me not worry too much.

 

Even if the guy was in the same state as me, I'm not one to scare easy :bash:

 

I'm a lover, not a fighter, but have you ever seen what happens when you threaten/scare certain animals? haha.

Only drifters call circuit racing "Grip". I despise it. Its not like someones going to confuse drifting with circuit racing. And "Drift racing"? There is no racing. It'd be like saying 10 meter platform diving racing or syncronised swimming racing or dressage racing. Motorsport sure, racing no.

 

Everytime I head out to QR someone will ask if I'm going out to see drift or grip, And you are right, There is no racing in drift.

Another thing that grinds my gears are posts from the following:

 

ke30Rolla myles

 

Fukin annoying.

 

EDIT: FIXED

Edited by Trev

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.