Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

find a new radio station, only some are doing it.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

Censorship.

 

Maybe they should censor the TV news, or make it PG rated before 8.30 at night. We don't let our kids watch it.

 

Skyhooks - Horror Movie

 

Horror Movie, it's the 6.30 news.

 

Maybe they should get rid of it completly. I hate how they dramatise everything and make everyone look like criminals.

anyways WGMG is huge vans that drive about 60 in a 100 zone and don't pull over to let the ten cars banked behind them pass when the fog is so thick you can't even see headlights coming the other way till they're about 10 metres away. [so you can't overtake]

Not having a go at you Lex so don't take it the wrong way.

You are a young driver and still learning.

But drive to the conditions, like with the fog its dangerous and reckless to drive at 100 when you can't see a safe distance ahead of you. A safe distance would be some like the cars braking distance plus your reaction time plus a few extra seconds for safety.

Mr Dwarf would know this a lot better but you'd be talking at least 100 meters at 100kph. Something else to ponder about is that most cars out run their high beam lights at that speed. High beam reaches only about 80-90 meters on most cars.

 

But like i said Lex, not having a go at you, cause i don't want you hitting the statistics

Come on guys play nice..... :bash:

 

WGMG: Radio Censorship - it has to be either all or nothing imo.

 

Why is it ok to have an ad about a film that describes things such as "going down" and "sucking" (and believe me it is about that) and it is not censored yet a song where the lyrics are "god damn" the word god is censored out.

 

I'd much rather explain "God Damn" to my kids rather than "what does going down mean daddy?" when young kids are in the car.

 

I don't even have kids yet but damn it grinds my gears :P

 

Perhaps you should listen to triple J :wink:

They don't censor anything, the most you get is a warning just before a song to say there's swearing in it :hmm:

I thought it was hilarious when they censored the gun shots out of paper planes, sounds like shit... not that it was anything special in the first place. But on the flip side the censored version novas playing of lily allens f@$k you is actually far better than the original.

is that the one where they put in all those ridiculous circus noises every time she says f@$k?

If so, I hate them, they just ruined a perfectly good song and made it absolutely crap to listen to.

That's ok, I only have to listen to star fm at work, and they've only played it a couple of times, I just turn the radio right down, and usually noone notices for around 30 mins!

Not having a go at you Lex so don't take it the wrong way.

You are a young driver and still learning.

But drive to the conditions, like with the fog its dangerous and reckless to drive at 100 when you can't see a safe distance ahead of you. A safe distance would be some like the cars braking distance plus your reaction time plus a few extra seconds for safety.

Mr Dwarf would know this a lot better but you'd be talking at least 100 meters at 100kph. Something else to ponder about is that most cars out run their high beam lights at that speed. High beam reaches only about 80-90 meters on most cars.

 

But like i said Lex, not having a go at you, cause i don't want you hitting the statistics

Yeah I know, I was just saying he should've pulled over so those who could do 80 could. I was doing 80 and there was no one else around so I was doing pretty alright until I caught up to him.

 

Thank you for your concern but I do drive to the conditions and my abilities and I realise I'm not the next Mark Skaife. I go on that road every day and knew where I was and what was coming up the whole time, when I saw cars around I slowed down and I slowed down a lot in the area where I know there are a lot of kangaroos around that time every morning and was always on alert for anything to jump out or whatever. I was also running late for my train thanks to my mum and I had an exam pretty much as soon as I got to town that morning so I was frustrated that he was making me slow down so much when I knew I could go at least a bit faster.

 

But once again, thanks for the concern.

is that the one where they put in all those ridiculous circus noises every time she says f@$k?

If so, I hate them, they just ruined a perfectly good song and made it absolutely crap to listen to.

 

I remember when they did that for Bloodhound Gang's Fire Water Burn, made the song even better that way

HAHA

 

WGMG: what will also probably start a debate :bash:

 

How NSW player in state of origin is having a wah at a call made by the ref when he clearly stepped on the line.

 

HAVE A FREAKIN WAH YOU WOULDNT HAVE WON ANYWAY YOU STUPID SORE LOSER!!!

 

Travis.

Was clearly doubt about the decision, as highlighted by the 8 or so replays. Thus, benefit of the doubt should have been awarded resulting in a NSW try. Which then would have changed the outcome of the game dramatically.

 

 

 

 

 

Going on with the commercial radio thing. I listen to TrippleJ when I choose to listen to the radio, though at work the other guys have the local commercial station on, and the thing that annoys me the most is that when they actually have a decent song on (ie one that is not musically retarded) such as Cherry Pie :bash: ,Sweet Child Of Mine, Enter Sandman etc they always edit out 90% of the solo's. It's like they are just dumbing down the song to suit the people who can't appreciate anything other than some constant drum beat over and over again.

Meh I don't watch football i just listen to who wins and wait for them to say QLD hahaha.

 

I just didnt like hearing the nsw guys having a wah ahahaha.

 

We listen to star fm at work, there ok, they don't edit solo's here though?

 

I love the music you mentioned, 90's at nine can be good, unless they start playing technoish old school crap rnb pop crap ahahah.

 

Travis

But once again, thanks for the concern.

I'm just over all the accidents that happen to P-platers regardless if they cause it or a third party.

My girlfriends on her reds.... so... urm.... yeah

 

HAHA

 

WGMG: what will also probably start a debate :bash:

 

How NSW player in state of origin is having a wah at a call made by the ref when he clearly stepped on the line.

 

HAVE A FREAKIN WAH YOU WOULDNT HAVE WON ANYWAY YOU STUPID SORE LOSER!!!

 

Travis.

My supervisor was like that today, he's a mexican. Reckoned the whole thing was nothing but a crock of crap. Wound up taking off home not long after lunch, think he had the sulks cause everybody more or less told him to piss-off with his bitching

WGMG:

 

People drifting on the road. The L's platers telling me how much power they need and what they're gonna do when they get their P's. DON'T THEY WATCH THE f@$kING NEWS! People are dead! You don't need 200kw's. FFS! IDIOTS

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.