What Grinds My Gears.

Thought that I mightas well chuck in my two bob worth.

What really grinds my gears is people that want to heavily modify Corolla engines, adding all sorts of "go fast" stuff and then winge about poor fuel econony.

My daily is a petrol Landcruiser that uses a whole heap of fuel, but it is doing what it was designed for. Providing me with a whole lot of fun.

My 'Gorilla" by comparrison uses a bit more than the average Corolla because I choose to run a hotty motor. It`s doing what I designed it for. Providing me with a whole heap of fun.

If you want fuel economy, leave your engine as Mr. Toyota designed it, or put up with the poor fuel consumption that you have chosen to go with.

Finished bitchin` now, see ya.

Members dont see this ad
I am fed up with this attitude that lowering speed limits will reduce the road toll. If people are going to go 150km/h in a 100km/h zone, for what reason will they not do the same thing in a 60/70/80 zone.

With a lot of these roads that have copped lower speed limits you find yourself constantly watching the speedo more than the road to make sure you aren't creeping over the speed limit. How the f@$k is that going to save people?!

That's my rant

Cheers, Ben.

Same same, with the lower limit. The Bruce highway north and south of Gympie is the same with a lower limit, once the limit was a 100 and now cause of a high road carnage its been dropped to 90. Bugs me having to sit at the 90 limit, i'm ok with the watching of the speedo cause i just set the cruise for it. But the thing that really gets under the skin is that some dickhead will race up behind and sit right on my arse, finely figure out that i wont be intimidated to speed up and pass at the first possible chance which would include double lines, traffic coming, etc etc.

What lexxi hasn't mentioned is that the road that 2 deaths was on (the public ones that aired on Today tonight etc.) isn't changed at all. Its still 100, as its a state government road. It was mentioned on the news yesterday due to a Facebook group complaining.

Huh, didn't know that. That's ridiculous.

It's like the roads from Cuddlee Creek to Lobethal, 80 the whole way coz motorbikes were racing at 160km/h and one died, so they changed the speed limit from 100 to 80. Why would that make a difference to people who race??

I agree to disagree - more copper and speed camera's yes i agree but as long as the cops aren't hiding in the bushes etc same with the camera's and the camera's aren't used at night. Its a very enlightening experience to be driving along at the limit to get a blinding flash of light with a corner coming up......but you can't see it cause of being blinded for a few seconds.

My thoughts on why they should be out in the open is that they are showing their presence be known and if their hiding you would just plainly call it revenue raising....

if theyre hiding u don't know where they are, so u drive slow everywhere

or so they say

whats with the flashes when ur on the limit? i was just under the limit coming down a hill on the weekend, braking because there was a flasher van at the bottom of the hill, knew it was there as it was obvious and i had seen it going the other way so had been paying full attention to limits, doing about 78 in a 80 zone, and i copped a flash.

only me, cars in front and behind who were all travelling along with constant distances didnt get flashed, i was like wtf, if that comes through in the mail I'm gonna flip

i hate these new laws coming in (p) plater's can't drive V8's or turbo's because to many are killing them selfs like wtf, you can kill yourself in a stock rolla..

:EDIT that came out wrong my bad

they should get all the old farks of the road that cause all this shit. i reckon they should take a test every three months..

fark this shit is gay.

thanks tomtom

Edited by toms.AE71

i hate these new laws coming in (p) plater's can't drive V8's or turbo's because to many are killing them selfs like wtf, you can kill yourself in a stock rolla..

why do we all have to suffer havn't the parents of those kids suffered enuf..

they should get all the old farks of the road that cause all this shit. i reckon they should take a test every three months..

fark this shit is gay.

thanks tomtom

Awww diddums, other states have had that law for years, just accept it and put up with it for the two or three years that it affects you and learn to be a better driver in the process.

WGMG - the fact that I just got made redundant because of the f'in electronics package suppliers up in QLD taking so bloody long to give us a working product that it means we can't get a vehicle out the door for probably 2 months minimum, and full production within 6....

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

why do we all have to suffer havn't the parents of those kids suffered enuf..

fark this shit is gay.

thanks tomtom

"why do we all have to suffer havn't the parents of those kids suffered enuf.."

f@$king stupid comment

how does the new laws make the parents suffer even more? if anything they would be happier that laws are tougher and hopefully less lives on the road will be taken.

Computers. In particular the Steam Client for gaming.

My eldest son just got Dawn of War 2 and installed it on his XP machine yesterday. Then obviously he couldn't play it until Steam did a massive update stealing all of the households bandwidth (which I need some of for work and play). Anyway I got the shits and installed Netlimiter to throttle Steam back which worked well.

Anyway after the update the game won't run on his older computer, so I had to sign out of my Steam account and sign him in on my main computer (running vista). Now the fun begins again. Rather than reinstall the game from the DVD I opted to download it, now it is hogging all the bandwidth again. Install Netlimiter on my machine and reboot..... No internet. f@$k it. Root around with networking settings, no joy. Uninstall Netlimiter, still stuffed. Do a roll back on windows, no good. Roll back further, nup. Try again. arrgghh! Still no worky and Vista can't repair the connection.

After wasting a lot of time I worked out that the router had somehow crashed due to some conflict between my firewall and the Netlimiter program. Reset the router and everything is now all good. Funny I had assumed the router was fine as I was still connected via wireless from my netbook, it just took out the wired connections of which my main machine was the only one on.

I hate computers. Rather Ironic that I work in Systems.

Grrr, I'm suffering now from a slow connection due to the bandwidth hog Steam. Why the hell they can't implement some sort of bandwidth throttling I do not know. It is not enough that they think they still own the game after you buy it, but it is like they think they own the equipment it is installed on.

Rant over. Back to my project management plan.

Never have been a fan of STEAM. Mind you i've never had any experience with it (or at least i don't think i have) only from what i've read and the experience my younger brother has had with it.

And TomTom you young hothead, yes i'll agree with you in that its still possible to do one's self in a stocko rolla, but it just takes a lot more practice at it. Unless you add another hothead with an easy to tart-up turbo into the mix.....

WGMG, relevant to the above posts

Computers.

All of them.

PC's, Macs, Windows, Linux, the whole f*cken lot.

One day, someone is going to invent a computer which is like a K motor.

When they do, I will buy ten.

Not fast, not quiet, not smooth, not refined, no bells, whistles, add ons, fancy technology.... It just f*cking KEEPS WORKING.

And for those of us who only require a computer for basic, simple tasks... It will do just nicely, thankyouveryf@$kingmuch.

WGMG, relevant to the above posts

Computers.

All of them.

PC's, Macs, Windows, Linux, the whole f*cken lot.

One day, someone is going to invent a computer which is like a K motor.

When they do, I will buy ten.

Not fast, not quiet, not smooth, not refined, no bells, whistles, add ons, fancy technology.... It just f*cking KEEPS WORKING.

And for those of us who only require a computer for basic, simple tasks... It will do just nicely, thankyouveryf@$kingmuch.

ive got one of those :)

its like, 6 or 7 years old, just running XP, cost me 900 or so bucks, I'm afraid to upgrade haha, hate vista, only reformatted this ones, and upped ram and hard drive, thats it :)