What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
Can you please repeat the question :P

I have a Question.... is it a fire if there's smoke and no flames?

Bugger and here i was hoping for a different question hehe

But yes smoulding - doesn't have a good source of fuel

And whats shutting me at the moment is my stupid bloody kodak digital camera

Thumbs its nose at alkaline batteries

chews through rechargeables like a rabbit on heat

and the proper battery for it will rip a hole through ya pocket

Damn it i want a camera that takes AA sized batteries

Edit - i felt the need so i adding extra letters

Edited by towe001

I highly doubt that he was interpreting the law correctly. There has always been a give way to the right rule, but I doubt it was ever meant like that.

No, he might be old but he's sharp as. Seriously, I clarified it with him, it was some wacky archaic law from horse and cart days that carried over for a bit longer than necessary. They changed it not long after he came to Aus.

I've heard it before somewhere else as well.

ok, WELL.... the raa wouldn't fit the battery because the car was IN the workshop (cause it's SO much safer to fit it on the road!) then they said that the RAA battery that was IN the car was the wrong one, and we needed a different one, so the crash repairers put the new one in, and then discovered that the posts were in the wrong spot, so the RAA man gave us a different battery, the crash repairers fitted it, and it seemed to fit, we started the car all was well, so turned it off and as I was rummaging around looking for the rego sticker, they were putting the tyre back in and doing up the bracket, the bracket screw touched the battery bracket and it arced...and it caught fire/smouldered...I ran out to the rolla to get the fire extinguisher, then realised I didn't have the rolla, and the crash repairers were trying to get the bag off their fire extinguisher and then it stopped....um catching fire? meanwhile I'd run outside again to get the RAA man, (he ran REALLY fast) by the time we got back in, there was only smoke.....he replaced the battery with the exact same battery that originally came out of the car :)

Is it true that if we had have used the fire extinguisher on the battery that the car would have been a write off? because of the contents of the fire extinguisher?

uhhhhhh

"Is it true that if we had have used the fire extinguisher on the battery that the car would have been a write off? because of the contents of the fire extinguisher? "

well theres different types of fire extinguishers if they didnt use a blue or electrical extings i can see everything arching out but no being a f@$king write off?