What Grinds My Gears.

I swear if I get one more flat brimmed hat, fluro boardies, white sunglasses wearing motherf**ker come up to me and start talking to me about drifting and skids I'm gonna punch them in the face.

Should you do this & end up on assault charges, I'm willing to put in a (small) contribution to legal fees. If no charges, I'll send beer! :D

Sorry if this offends anyone on here, but IMO KE70s have become the official car of the douchebag. And to me this explains why people are asking so much for them, because douchebags think they are a cool car and thus other douchebags are prepared to pay a lot more money to get amongst the KE70 douchebaggery.

So what you're saying is, the KE70 has effectively replaced the VN Commodore? :wink:

I've actually had someone ask me if I was going to drift the Soarer and I told them no, so they said "oh so you're buiding it for grip then"

Drift the nice, straight, comfy daily? What a f**king idiot!

Members dont see this ad

When I was asked to pull a skid in my Commodore wagon, I always asked them for $600 to replace the tyres first. Not one person was actually willing to pay....... Strange that :hmm:

And VN's were cool

When??????????????

Edited by coln72

If it wasn't for the drift scene then the word "grip" wouldn't need to exist to differentiate. Personally I hate the word, why not just say "it's a track car" or "I want it to handle well", there's no need for there to be some "cool" term for it

Gotta speak their lingo or you just get a blank stare and they walk away muttering "Illest...illest..illest..."

When I was asked to pull a skid in my Commodore wagon, I always asked them for $600 to replace the tyres first. Not one person was actually willing to pay....... Strange that :hmm:

You'd waste $600 on tyres for a bombadore???

When??????????????

My mistake, left the only important word out of that sentence....

You'd waste $600 on tyres for a bombadore???

No, but it shut them up real quick :) It would of been closer to $500 to replace the original rears. And no, I didnt spend that when the time come - closer to $280 for the pair in the end.

Actually, as it would single spin, I should of asked for half the cash ;)

Edited by coln72

No, but it shut them up real quick :) It would of been closer to $500 to replace the original rears. And no, I didnt spend that when the time come - closer to $280 for the pair in the end.

Actually, as it would single spin, I should of asked for half the cash ;)

Haha. :) OEM tyres are stupid money. I got quoted(@ $5 above cost) $245each for the OEM brigdestone's on my BT-50 and they are a zero grip light truck tyre. That's WGMG!!!

I know a RC member that would be happy to spend over $1k on rubber for his commo, but it does have 430hp worth of quad weber fed awesomeness!! It's the only Holden I'd ever own!!!!

Stu.

Yeah, the original 235/??/17 Bridgestones were twice the price of what I put on it. Glad I didnt spend big on rubber as it was never repaired properly after the missus tried offroading at 100km/h |blink| Killed the LH rear in less than 12 months!!!!! Insurance company didnt want to know >|

Another WGMG.

Fishing with my 6 yr old for an hour or so. He decides to cast a lure out of a boat ramp. Stuffs the cast and it doesnt make the end of the boat ramp. Lands in about a foot or so of water. The little bugger bagged the only fish of the day from that cast!!!!!! Not happy Jan :'(

And he never shared it with me, he ate the lot!

Edited by coln72
  • Upvote 2

Talking of being ripped off on tyres. The hotel I work at has tyre spikes in the car park. A guest drove into the carpark and spun his wheels going over the spikes (not on purpose, the tyres were wet as it was raining). Don't spin your wheels over tyre spikes!.

Both fronts on the Hyundai rental were punchured. I rang rental company, told them what happened, wasn't the customers fault and the hotel would pay to fix it. Rental company gave a flat out NO. The customer has taken responsibility for the car, he can pay.

Rental company charged the guest $190 per tyre!. For a 15inch Kumo!. I found the exact same tyre, same brand, advertised at Kmart for $86.

If I hadn't rung the rental company I could have saved time and money for both the customer and the hotel by doing it myself.

I know a rental can do/go places other cars can't but, if you use rental cars, be careful. They are the biggest pack of theiving arseholes.

I ordered my wiring from ebay for my camper trailer. One problem is when they asked if I needed a round or square plug, I asked for round and this is what I got. I have never seen a large trailer plug, I never knew there was a large size plug and now if I want a small round plug I have to pay to send it back, then he wants me to pay for postage all over again to send the correct one up!! This shits me off cause his ebay ad never said anything about large and small plugs and as far as i'm concerned the small plugs are what is standard on all cars with towbars that I know of. So i should pay to send it back and he should pay to send me the correct plug. GRRRRRRR

post-1158-0-77986600-1334716283_thumb.jpg

I ordered my wiring from ebay for my camper trailer. One problem is when they asked if I needed a round or square plug, I asked for round and this is what I got. I have never seen a large trailer plug, I never knew there was a large size plug and now if I want a small round plug I have to pay to send it back, then he wants me to pay for postage all over again to send the correct one up!! This shits me off cause his ebay ad never said anything about large and small plugs and as far as i'm concerned the small plugs are what is standard on all cars with towbars that I know of. So i should pay to send it back and he should pay to send me the correct plug. GRRRRRRR

post-1158-0-77986600-1334716283_thumb.jpg

Can't you just cut the big 7 pin round plug off then go to repco to buy the correct small 7 pin round plug and rewire it on the end?