What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

I've found the secret to drinking waaay too much and no hangovers.

Water.

I used to get the worst hangovers, I couldnt get so much as mildly drunk without having a throwup room spinning fest the next day.

About 5 years ago I remembered reading somethign about hangovers coming from severe dehydration and the body's inability to process the toxins (alchohol) out of the system due to a lack of water (osmosis only works when there is enough water about to fuel it, so your kidneys don't play ball if you are dehydrated)

So I regulate every 2 or 3 beers/CC and drys with a big glass of water.

You're already pissing like a faucet, so it doesnt make much difference to loo time.

I always have 2 big glasses and soem panadol before hitting the sack when I get home (usually administered by the missus as I'm too drunk...)

Havent had a hangover since, and that includes some pretty massive nights and running on little sleep the next day.

WGMG: the weekend being too bloody short.

Heres to 4 days off this weekend :D

but then WGMG is double bloody demerits on thursday

I've found the secret to drinking waaay too much and no hangovers.

Water.

I used to get the worst hangovers, I couldnt get so much as mildly drunk without having a throwup room spinning fest the next day.

About 5 years ago I remembered reading somethign about hangovers coming from severe dehydration and the body's inability to process the toxins (alchohol) out of the system due to a lack of water (osmosis only works when there is enough water about to fuel it, so your kidneys don't play ball if you are dehydrated)

So I regulate every 2 or 3 beers/CC and drys with a big glass of water.

You're already pissing like a faucet, so it doesnt make much difference to loo time.

I always have 2 big glasses and soem panadol before hitting the sack when I get home (usually administered by the missus as I'm too drunk...)

Havent had a hangover since, and that includes some pretty massive nights and running on little sleep the next day.

Also, don't drive water the morning after/during the night, drink Gatorade. Electrolytes are going to be waaay out from too much pissing and not enough food, plus the sugar gives you some much needed energy and taste, and it's flat so you don't have fizzy bubbles upsetting your stomach.

I don't drink anywhere near as often as I used to, and when I do I don't drink as much - must be due to this weird 3-0 thing that I'm counting down the days to.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Upvote 1