What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
WGMG - when its 80kph and theres a 40 year old guy with white hair in astra in the right lane doing 70kph with no cars infront and a trucks in the left doing 65kph

their choice to do so, and they have as much right to be on the road as you do.

Now i could understand your whinge if they were doing about half the posted speed limit, but 10km slower isnt going to cost you a great deal of time in the scheme of things.

WGMG is customers who come in regularly between 12:15am and 12:30am and expect to be served when they already know that the computer/consoles/pumps are offline until end of day settling has been finalised and the new day begins.

It irritates them more when they state they will complain to the "companys" customer service line, and i reply "with the your decision to do so sir/madam" and the explaination of "its company policy and procedure to do it at this time" and flash them a happy smile and give them the customer service number. :lolcry:

Posted speed limit is a "safe" speed for normal road conditions. If one feels that they arn't comfortable with doing the speed limit and must sit below it (eg. Old guy above), sure drive slower, but do it in the left lane, as to let people through who are travelling faster (above or on speed limit). People who sit below the speed limit and bank traffic up, should be in left hand lane, it is general courtesy. And as for not costing a great deal of time. Some people have to drive >30mins each day to work. If you get stuck behind a bastard doing 10km/h less in the right lane, and a truck in the left lane doing the same speed, for say 10 minutes of the trip, you may then just get stuck at a set of lights, which then takes another few minutes, but then you may also miss the next set, and so on, so forth. Just because it doesn't seem like much, it can very much turn a normal trip into a pain in the arse.

Left lane is for slow drivers.

Right is for fast.

General knowledge for most, and it make traffic flow faster, and safer.

Obviously sitting below the limit is acceptable if you are driving to different conditions (Fog, Rain, heavy traffic etc etc) but I am assuming the above scenario was on a normal day.

Which bring me to:

WGMG-

People who sit in the "fast" lane and sit well below the limit on normal conditions, just because they can. Inconsiderate pricks. Left lane is there for you, use it, not that hard.

But why do the weekends and holidays go so fast....

I had planned for mowing some of the front yard and the backyard this weekend. The backyard really needs a good shave.... But oh no the weekends gone before i got to even look at the bloody mower.

WGMG - when its 80kph and theres a 40 year old guy with white hair in astra in the right lane doing 70kph with no cars infront and a trucks in the left doing 65kph

So? The fact that there's a speed differential between the Astra and the truck means you only have to wait 10 seconds or so and the Astra will be past the truck and there won't be any problem anymore. If they were doing the same speed, or constantly to-ing and fro-ing, then I could see your annoyance.

If you are worried about people holding you up doing 10 kays below the speed limit on your way to work, then leave 5 to 10 minutes earlier.

The speed limit is just that, the speed limit... ie. the maximum legal allowable speed. Keep in mind that cars speedos do vary.

Shit, I drive 2 hours to work a couple of days a week along country roads. I often catch trucks doing 20-40 kays below the speed limit on hilly sections where there is double white lines. You just have to bide your time before overtaking. It is even worse when you end up with a line of cars. The best thing to do is select some good music and sit back and relax.

Better to be late then dead on time.

How about 80psi ?

Or turbo -> intercooler -> turbo -> intercooler -> motor ?

You should start reading up on tractor pulling. Some of those monsters are boosting up and over 140psi by boosting one turbo into another one....

bs, this is what happens with 50psi http://videos.streetfire.net/video/100lb-of-boost-tractor_689418.htm

gimmie links then ill belive you :lolcry:

Edited by Evan G

For the most part, these tractors originally came from the factory with under 150 hp - they produce many times that as competition vehicles. For instance, a Super Farm tractor will put out in the neighborhood of 1,000-1,100 hp at a boost pressure of 55 psi with a single 3-in. turbo. A Pro Stock will produce 1,800 hp-plus with a boost pressure in the 110-120 psi range. A Super Stock with 4 turbochargers and 200 psi-plus boost pressure will top out at around 2,500-2,800 hp.

taken from http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Article/21...re_anymore.aspx

WGMG - Liars. I know a guy who claims his Silvia is making 220rwkw's on 13psi....Is that even possible from a SR20det? It doesn't feel that powerful and we found a dyno sheet from last year that said 175 or something like that, but he says that's before it had forged internals....Which I also don't believe it has.

Another guy has a R32...claims he has 250rwkw's..........I just doubt it.