What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

I really want to but don't want to ʞ©$ɟ their gaylord thread up haha

Hah. You don't want to cos you know we'll hand you a temporary ban for a week haha. I don't reckon you cope to well with that will.

The good thing is, as you get older you generally will be better at what you do and build more high quality cars.

Like E7s, Ive seen so many hotted up 120y and 180b datsuns in the last few years, and they were such shit boxes when I was a kid.

Datsuns went crazy, when people couldn't afford 1600s anymore, they moved to 180bs. There's been a mild price correction in 1600s from the prices of 5 years back.

Good to hear, it's been a bit quiet on the good side of shot stirring lately. It's the start of a long weekend so was thinking it's time for a laugh!!

You know i've seen what these things(4A's) can make on 98 pump. I know how good the AE-8x/9x chassis are for a fwd. One certain ae82 seca picks up wheels going up his gutter!!!

Probably best I stayed away from here late-last night, had a bit to drink, might've let loose a little too much...& possibly ended up with aforementioned week long ban. :lol: They're not the best chassis (I'm aware of this :P), but they're still not a bad bit of gear. Good fun making the drivers of more expensive cars wonder "why is that Corolla STILL in my rear view mirror?". :D With the right modifications, reasonably quick lap times/cornering speeds are easily achievable. Plus, reverse donuts are f**king hilarious.

Webbers's car is one that's a good example of a car (that is/was?) for sale that's well priced (IMHO). To get something similar to his would cost a LOT more than what the asking price is

When you get down and think about it, for 6 grand your getting into the territory of later model vehicles with possibly lower kays and easier to find parts.

Hmmm, for $6K, a KE70 or an early MX-5? For the same money, I'd be joining the hairdresser community.

Damn, too late, I drive Blue Thing... :(

They're not the best chassis (I'm aware of this :P), but they're still not a bad bit of gear. Good fun making the drivers of more expensive cars wonder "why is that Corolla STILL in my rear view mirror?". :D With the right modifications, reasonably quick lap times/cornering speeds are easily achievable. Plus, reverse donuts are f**king hilarious.

Webbers's car is one that's a good example of a car (that is/was?) for sale that's well priced (IMHO). To get something similar to his would cost a LOT more than what the asking price is

Hmmm, for $6K, a KE70 or an early MX-5? For the same money, I'd be joining the hairdresser community.

Damn, too late, I drive Blue Thing... :(

They are pretty good Luke for a factory chassis.

Webers car is awesome, those coilovers he has for the price are a MUST have. Were also cheaper than replacing the OEM sealed struts!!! It had many drivers wondering why it was still glued to the bumper of many more powerful/expsensive cars.

I'm not sure why he only had one bite on that car, but yeah I agree with you was very well priced with what it came with.

As much as mx5's are stupidly hilarious fun to drive I still would go to the FWD darkside and buy either an AE-82/92 "twinky"!!!

Mazda parts are ridiculously expensive. For example. My BT-50 fuel filters, Mazda ones are $100 but the exact same filter through ford for a ranger is $48??

don't know what your complaining about stu? try $348 for a fuel filter cause the stupid germans decided to make the fuel water sensor and preheater all in one!

Not really complaining, I buy the ford part!!

That's ʞ©$ɟing highway robbery!! Is probably the reason I haven't bought an amarok!! I've seen what the girl down the street pays for her polo parts. No way I'm ever going to buy a euro diesel ever!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Well they're just fun cars man. Used to be cheap...But then conversions aren't. Well kinda anyway.

I dunno, I just don't get it is all. Seems retarded to me. Why would I buy a KE70 for 5 or 6 grand when I could buy a more than decent S13 which would be a better platform for anything besides rally/offroad for the same price.

I know what your saying Willis, they are fun cars, basic, easy to get parts off the shelf for and with a little shopping and patience conversions can be cheaper. Clearly there is something more appealing about an e7 instead of s13 as people are prepared to spend what we may consider as expensive to buy such an old car. Particularly if they have spent $15 thousand in a s13 all kitted out 5 thousand for a Corolla is petty cash to them.

These are the cars you either have the money for or don't, not everyone wants a jdm drift machine, or rat rod e7 as the masses are becoming, so finding something untouched will become a rarity and will therefore appreciate and stabilise with time.

That's ʞ©$ɟing highway robbery!! Is probably the reason I haven't bought an amarok!! I've seen what the girl down the street pays for her polo parts. No way I'm ever going to buy a euro diesel ever!!!!!

Personally i think the amarok is highway robbery. The base model starts from about 30g's, thats a 2wd 6 speed manual 2Lt turbo petrol. The 4wd models starts from 42g.

Whereas if you look left field 38g's will get you a top of the line dual cab, part time 4wd, 6 speed sports auto, 2Lt turbo diesel.

And no its not a GW, the only auto they come out with is a 5 speed in the x200 and its full time 4wd not part time.

Personally i think the amarok is highway robbery. The base model starts from about 30g's, thats a 2wd 6 speed manual 2Lt turbo petrol. The 4wd models starts from 42g.

Whereas if you look left field 38g's will get you a top of the line dual cab, part time 4wd, 6 speed sports auto, 2Lt turbo diesel.

And no its not a GW, the only auto they come out with is a 5 speed in the x200 and its full time 4wd not part time.

I thought the hilux was dear when I bought my BT-50 2.5di single cab.

D-MAX rob?

no one paid $5000 for that wagon... He is just saying that to look tough.

Happy to be proven wrong but I very much doubt I am.

Quoted for truth.

Rob: I'd rather deep fry my own testicles than buy a Ssanyong. That said you know my taste in cars is dubious... :P

On the plus for VW their service department is excellent. I agree though, you're paying alot for the Amarok.

I still think Triton is a good buy ( or it was when I did back to back testing of all but the Amarok a couple of years ago....)

Quoted for truth.

Rob: I'd rather deep fry my own testicles than buy a Ssanyong. That said you know my taste in cars is dubious... :P

On the plus for VW their service department is excellent. I agree though, you're paying alot for the Amarok.

I still think Triton is a good buy ( or it was when I did back to back testing of all but the Amarok a couple of years ago....)

Merc built ones are fairly good though.