What If We Could Race Our 4age Xe7x

Would anyone be interested in an organised form of motorsport, exclusively for the xe7x 4age combination. I know I would. Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic? It seems we all have little weapons in the garage, and it would be such a great entry level form of racing as it seems corollas are common as can be. 4ages can be had very cheaply. The class should carry specific equipment rules, for parity and to keep costs right down. With the potential of these cars, you could have meets where you do laps for times one day, then have a drift the next. Let us know what you think.

:D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll have a very hard time getting this off the ground. Theres a guy in QLD thats trying to get a JDM racing series up and running. Its open to ANY car made in Japan as long as its still has a Japanese engine. From what I understand the turnout wasn't great and the numbers were made up by MX5 club members. You've restricted yourself even further than that guy by going for a single chassis and engine combination. I think your best bet would be to tack yourself onto Saturday afternoon sprints or Time attack and run with their format and compare times at the end of the day. It wont be door to door racing but it'd be a start.

If you want door to door racing then you're throwing another stick into the works. You could still tack yourself onto an event like top gear or even the JDM series but then you require a roll cage (cams approved), harness, kill switch, fire extinguisher, race suit and a few other things. So the cost to get into the event in the first place would most likely rule many people out.

I think you should just get out to the next SAS (September 15th, I should be there) and have a go first.

All valid points. There are a few chassis specific codes of motor racing, look at Aussie racers, Geminis, or HRs, and now VN Commodore classes. Of course people would need a cage, and appropriate safety gear. It is motor racing, so for an event you would need the funds for tyres, fuel, transport of the vehicle, damages, and the initial setup costs of the vehicle. Of course, even if its a cheap sport to get into, there will always be those people who just can't afford to compete. There are actually those kind of people who would like to race karts, but can't afford that either. The idea is that you would not have to be able to afford a 20 thousand car, to take off the road and eventually wreck, just to compete, let alone do well. You would obviously be looking at 10-15k to set up a vehicle properly for motor sport. And at least 500 dollars for a weekends racing, provided you don't write it off.

• 3 weeks later...

You idiots don't get the idea behind parity laws in motorsport. Why did I ask you little children to consider something more complex than 'I have a 4age in a tiny car, so I want to race so I can win'. If you think your random overpowered undersized shitter cars will give you close racing and results, you just havent thought beyond the bogan hp pissing contest that you so desperately must win.

I'm interested in results which are related to skill. Not Horsepower per kg. Talk about stupid and ignorant. If you do not have even the simplest idea of why we have certain rules in motorsport, then this isn't the place for you to find out. Shame on you MRMOPARMAN. You should know better. Ive read posts of yours which were very clever and well thought out. This one, however, Id expect from a 16 year old with his first car. How many ke25s are even on the road? The idea is to have a car that is common as hell, and therefore cheap. Not increasingly rare and expensive. I'm so over all you goons. Please close this thread moderators. I don't think these people are even interested in motorsport. Just hektic poser shit taLKING AND i don't WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

:P