Des' Twincam.

Des

He did indeed, It will be going again today.

The adjustment bolt decided to snap off so i had to pull the whole thing out and glad i did as i found the TVIS plug hanging. All back together well it goes a lot better.

Does anyone have a pic of there stock ae82 twincam alternator as mine is meant to have a AE92 smallport alternator.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang, youve had some bad luck.

You have no idea, My sisters bf stole 500 and took off to VIC so ive added him to my stabbing list today, Not getting paid till next week now i will be eating 2 min noodles for lunch, Bottom end noise.

i think i ditched the smallport alternator i bought. basically the length of where the alternator sits in the bracket for the long bolt to go through is longer for the smallport. i.e. i couldn't fit the smallport alt. in the bigport bracket because its too long.

When i do the block I'm also going to remove all the air con shit and fix the cabin fan properly as it only works on one setting, Remove the power steering pump and run the power steering lines straight from the reservoir to the rack. Pump is shagged so...

While there is no engine in the car i will change the struts over as well.