Matts Ke30......sr20det

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys, some solid progress finally.

more paint.

IMG_2173-1.jpg

IMG_2172-1.jpg

IMG_2171-1.jpg

IMG_2170-1.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

I can now hang the doors and fix the shape of the rear doors,

they have slightly more roll where they meet the quarter than they should,

will fix this on the car to get it perfect.

Bare metaled the gaurds, mine were buggered so i bought these ones,

they were painted in matt black so i was ready for some suprises.

IMG_2165-1.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Rust was very minimal. there are a few small dints, and one gaurd had a bit of a twist, or crease across it.

I have finished with the straightening, but need some mig wire to fix the rust spots.

looks like the gaurds are going to come up good, the apron is a bent up, rusty lump of tin,

so i need to find another one.

Anyone got a front apron panel for sale?!??!, early ke30 one prefered

Yeah more sweet ke30 progress good to see. Just a quick question. Did you modify the mounts on the cross member or did you mod the mounts on the motor for SR ? The cross member appears to still be factory or at least have factory mounts. Keep up the excellent work mate very inspiring. Love me 30's

Edited by NewAGEdinosaur

thanks mate. The crossmember is modded, the sr20 mounts aren't,

the platforms are factory but cut off and adjusted slightly. This is the easiest way to do it if you are doing a one-off.

The mounts are changed to ta22 celica ones, these are much the same as corolla ones, just more substantial.

Happy to answer any qs for your conversion.

thanks mate.

more stuff, i got a chance to get back to this because of the rain today.

trial fitted doors and front guards on shell, all panel gaps are sweet, everything fits well, even the back of the rear door is much better than i thought.

IMG_2162-2.jpg

IMG_2163-2.jpg

fixed rust in guard, haven't welded anything this thin for awhile, so welds arent real special.

IMG_2165-2.jpg

IMG_2166-1.jpg

got some etch primer on the two guards, grill, brake booster, front end brace thingees.

IMG_2177-1.jpg

IMG_2178-1.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

Also got some 2 pack silver on some smaller bits, needed to do this so that i can put the front end back in and get it rolling again.

IMG_2180-1.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

that is all.

Need to find an auto flex plate for an sr20 so i can order my converter and put some junk in the bay.

Yes progress mate, seems the rain is out and time to stay indoors and get stuck into her,

gotta be happy with the doors lining up, after welding the cage in etc,

i got the other style grill i don't need btw, haha

I'm pretty sure the older style grill doesn't fit with the cooler and all that, but your cooler is in a similar place, so maybe it does. I wouldnt mind the style of grill slo30 is running.

Fuel tank is custom alloy one, nearly used an lj torana one, but the custom one was real cheap in the end.

brad, i have actually done ok so far on this with the spray gun, but I'm still pretty sure its a fluke, and things will go pear shaped soon.

although the new spraygun i bought is so much better, maybe things are looking up.. :hmm:

I'm pretty sure the older style grill doesn't fit with the cooler and all that, but your cooler is in a similar place, so maybe it does.

mine is 76mm thick, the fins on the grill have been cut from the grill and mounted forward in a unique method, err zippy ties, haha

you would not notice it if you got down and look at it closely

Self delusion is the most powerful tool the human race has!

Say after me -

"I am a pro spray painter",

"I am a pro spray painter"!

repeat 100 + times !!

:lolcry:

I think i would need 1000 times to convince myself, and then every time i get a run I'm back to the start again :lolcry:

mine is 76mm thick, the fins on the grill have been cut from the grill and mounted forward in a unique method, err zippy ties, haha

you would not notice it if you got down and look at it closely

Ah, cool, good idea, better than having the cooler all in your face. my style grill has more room, but i still had to take 10mm of the back of it with a sander.

Ah, cool, good idea, better than having the cooler all in your face. my style grill has more room, but i still had to take 10mm of the back of it with a sander.

here is a pic of mine, you can't really tell unless you get down

you can have it and play around with it?

post-12509-048427600 1299281112_thumb.jpg