Matts Ke30......sr20det

Autoone sounds good to me, my 2nd visit to the tuner is this monday, if that goes well i will be there.

Just found out my new plenum wont work (well) so I'm just gonna bolt it all back together with the new intercooler. Maybe do the surge tank.

You're in Nambour? Should meet at the Ettamogah or something and cruise in. Or I'm more than happy to come talk shop at yours beforehand.

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

I just spent the weekend at powercruise, car went well and ran well but the boost control solenoid failed to work, so we spent most of the weekend on 15psi.

surprisingly it still went well and still won a heap of races, chopped a turbo ls1 commo, nitrous ls commo, ect.

Went to the drags on friday night still on only 15psi, it ran a 13.2 @ 118 mph with a 2.8 60ft lol! Probably should have spooled it up on the line!

Its a heap of fun to drive, i was running 205/50/15 mickey thompsons on the rear, it drives really straight under power, but needs at least 3 of us 100kg lads in it to make it hook up well, i went out with just me in the car and it still went dead straight but lost half its fasts in wheelspin.

Today i finally gave up on the boost solenoid and did a bit of a dodge to get some boost into it, it ended up sitting on around 20psi this time so today was a blast, still well short of 25 pound but a huge difference in performance, i raced a heap of really serious V8's, rotors and 6's over 3 sessions, and lost to only one - a really nice turbo v8 vb commodore. Very surprisingly the traction and handling stayed the same even with a heap more power in it, which gives me hope that with the full amount it will likely still be good to drive hard at the track.

The dyno graph is pretty fat probably because of the high stall auto, i will post it up soon.

Hi mate, I'm using a haltech ps1000, its controlling the boost as well. It was very straightforward for me to wire up, it could be wired in an hour to start the car, it's neatness that takes the time.

It only really comes with a wiring diagram, and a few basic instructions so it really depends on your own knowledge and experience as to how easy/hard it might be for you.

• 2 months later...

Made up a turbo heat shield. The paint on the hot side of the car has started to bubble, so before powercruise i used some bathroom silicone to glue on a temporary fix.

IMG_2541_zps60dbe3fe.jpg

I got this bit of stainless from work a few years back so started cutting it up.

IMG_2540_zps770117f4.jpg

I welded a few tabs on for mounting off the compressor cover.

IMG_2542_zps3f7b2a23.jpg

polished and mounted.

IMG_2543_zpse029591b.jpg

IMG_2544_zpsc6eee1c2.jpg

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

this has been up on stands for about a month now, sorting a few things out.

IMG_2545_zpse3154b1f.jpg

My boost control started to hit the limit after i fixed a few little leaks in the plumbing. So i decided to redo the plumbing in 4an type fittings, then i can set and forget the boost hopefully. I'm also going to put a switch on the dash to change between wastegate pressure 15psi, and 25 psi, will just put it in line with the boost control solenoid.

all these pics are from under the car, none of it is really visible from the engine bay.

IMG_2554_zpsc145f2c2.jpg

IMG_2558_zpse43ab5d6.jpg

IMG_2555_zps51bc17df.jpg

IMG_2557_zpseb4f97e3.jpg

I also put new water lines to the turbo, one of them had a tiny water leak i foound while i was under there.

And the major task of relocating the trans cooler to the front of the car, it was under the drivers floor at pretty much the centre of the wheelbase. So it scraped on my driveway, and on and off the trailer even though it was well legal height. It also failed to keep the tranny cool, running 120 degrees after half hour of driving, and lots more after quite few laps of powercruise.

old cooler.

IMG_2562_zpsad4f8789.jpg

So i bought a wrx radiator to cut down, perfect width core, i cut the height down, and made it double pass the short little 100mm core.

IMG_2547_zps31b55b44.jpg

IMG_2546_zps4ffa3b7f.jpg

The space it has to go in, its reduced further once the top panel is on.

IMG_2548_zpsacd40642.jpg

dowels to mount the top.

IMG_2550_zps0e921154.jpg

IMG_2549_zpsca4cf760.jpg

IMG_2551_zpsd48e1ec7.jpg

I had to change the intercooler mount around, the bonnet latch had to shuffle around, and few changes to the top radiator panel as well, was actually a heap of work in the whole thing.

had to weld the latch mount on, no room for bolts, so new paint is now required.

IMG_2553_zpsbcaa82e3.jpg

IMG_2549_zpsca4cf760.jpg

I got it all back together on friday, started to to put some oil in and there is a needle hole where i divided the end tank of the cooler, an easy spot to weld up but it sucks pulling it apart again. oh well the weekend shows and stuff all got cancelled because of the rain anyways.

cheers mate lots of changes, can't wait to get a new diff built for it with some higher gears, then i can do some racing. When i was there a few months ago on 15psi i ran 118mph and crossed the line at 8000rpm in top. This thing is supposed to run at least 130mph+ on 25 psi, so would top out at half track!