My Ke20 Now With 5k Lpg Turbo Power !!!!!

loupee

i reckon the cannon looks tuff, if cannons weren't on cheesy lancers and hondas they would be perceived very differently by old schoolers, but as i live in the bush there are f@$k all cheesy cars around so i don't care. anyway it will be regoed in the next couple of weeks then the 5k goes in after i put a new set of rings in and a wade 242 cam, can anyone tell me how much better a slightly cammed 5k will go compared to a stock 3k?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

just an update, i have now given the old 5k in my shed a full rebuild which includes, 20thou bore with higher comp acl (less dish) pistons, 10 thou shaved 5k head with double valve springs and new stem seals, decked block, wade 242a cam, double row timing chain, new rings and bearings. i've only done about 40km and already notice a massive power and torque increase compared to the old original tired 3k it had, and i havent even reved it past 3000rpm. next will be a turbo upgrade within about 6 months. also i have given it a much needed brake upgrade which consists of tm magna rotors and calipers and now it stops HEAPS better. cheers Sash

Edited by loupee

just an update, i have now given the old 5k in my shed a full rebuild which includes, 20thou bore with higher comp acl (less dish) pistons, 10 thou shaved 5k head with double valve springs and new stem seals, decked block, wade 242a cam, double row timing chain, new rings and bearings. i've only done about 40km and already notice a massive power and torque increase compared to the old original tired 3k it had, and i havent even reved it past 3000rpm. next will be a turbo upgrade within about 6 months. also i have given it a much needed brake upgrade which consists of tm magna rotors and calipers and now it stops HEAPS better. cheers Sash

Should be good fun :'(

Do you have any pics of the car now + the engine ?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I only went high comp for when its NA, i have a 3k bigport head to go on when i turbo it, the conversion wil take a bit of time but i'm keen. this will be the third NA car i have turboed, the first was a mazda 1300 running a 1400 with ea falcon throttle body injection and a skyline t3 turbo. Second was my 85 mazda 323 pano with a dedicated LPG 12a turbo. So hopefully i have enough experience to get this one right aswell although being non crossflow makes it a bitch. As for the watanabes, i found them at a local wrecker and got them for $100 for the set only because they didn't know what they had and i had to paint them.

• 5 months later...

Loupee, those high comp pistons you got, are they about 3.1 mm circular dish instead of the 8mm D shaped dish?

I just scored a set, and the dish on them is significantly smaller than the D shaped ones.... I'm concerned about my comp ratio being too high haha!

PS - tough KE, are those wantanabe's 4x110?

Tom

Edited by philbey

• 1 month later...