Adam's Ke70

adam-__-

My advice is sell what u got and buy yourself a SX or GTI. If victorian road authorities are anything like New south wales one you will have a f@$king hard time getting the thing passed and registered. If u buy a newer car u will have the 4age, POWER STEERING! and other shit we in the 21st century take for granted each and every day :)

What a shocking idea. Ever heard of rwd? Or fun? Its not all about aircon and power steering. Sell your ke70 and buy a fwd suitcase on wheels? Oh wow, what a great idea.

No offence buddy, but this is very maddening to read. Id say keep your 'advice' to your self. Once you learn a bit more about what a ke70 can do maybe you can speak on the topic, but if your advice is sell it and buy a fwd with aircon, you really don't have anything to tell anyone, trust me.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey LittleRedSpirit, with the wheels, I was planning to flare the guards a little and stretch some tyres over them to fit. I wanted my rears to look like this car...

post-4793-1201401953_thumb.jpg post-4793-1201401976_thumb.jpg

... I'm not too sure on what tyres he's running though, but the wheels are 8" wide and -4 offset all round. The front's are a bit much for me though. Maybe I should trial fit some wheels with different offsets and widths to see what suits me.

As for the shocks, yeah, they're pretty stiff, but I'm after the more go kart feel. I'm trying to get into a bit of drifting. Was planning on an S13 at first, but thought the ke70 would be the better option (cheaper). Just need to wait for my front springs and we'll see how it feels with the 'whole package' done.

Adjacent, pretty much what LittleRedSpirit said. I wanted a rear wheel drive car to learn oversteering/drifting in. The no power steering isn't too bad now. With the AE86 struts in, I've felt that the steering has gone a little lighter. I also find the *e7* series look more tough than the newer models. :)

What a shocking idea. Ever heard of rwd? Or fun? Its not all about aircon and power steering. Sell your ke70 and buy a fwd suitcase on wheels? Oh wow, what a great idea.

No offence buddy, but this is very maddening to read. Id say keep your 'advice' to your self. Once you learn a bit more about what a ke70 can do maybe you can speak on the topic, but if your advice is sell it and buy a fwd with aircon, you really don't have anything to tell anyone, trust me.

Well i never read any mention about having RWD. But with the fact you want to try drifting? Save some dough, been there and done that your going to be forking out a lot on maintainance and powersteering is a blessing.

LittleRedSpirit sorry for sounding the slightlest bit conservative, but the fact is Victorian Road Authority has even seen the word fun. I highly doubt that he will beable to get this car legal with his conditions. I'm not one to debate that FWD is better than RWD in any way shape or form. I myself was looking into getting a RWD hatch, but value for money, practically and the fun factor it was the SX hatch.

By the way, I am a major hot hatch fan... So i am rather bias.

Adam how much does the Silvia sell for?

When I was in the market for one, I was looking at $6k+ for a sr20 version. Not sure how it is now, but I don't think there's any difference. Since the 'no turbo, v8' laws came in, their prices have risen, similar to the ae86's, but not that bad.

I had heaps planned for the S13, but things just don't work out in life.

HHHAAHAHAHA adjacent wanted a hatch!

haha what the f@$k?

Anyway, my new front springs are on their way to me. I'm hoping that they're not too high. Maybe an inch or an inch and a half higher than what it is now and it'll be perfect. :jamie:

I'll post again once the new springs and shocks go in.

Cheers

Okay, my front springs have just arrived and I'm not convinced that they're 8kg/mm. :hmm: From just squeezing the springs with my hands they feel softer than my rear springs (they were ~6kg/mm) and from my calculations, they only work out to be about 1.8kg/mm. :jamie: So I'm not happy. I guess I just have to install them and see how they go. If they're too soft, I'll have to get ANOTHER pair of front springs. They seem too bloody long as well! They're about 300mm in length free height. If they were 8kg/mm, they'll be like sitting at standard height!

I'll keep you all posted. Just not happy at the moment. :sob:

i really like those guard mirrors.. looks so cool

They're a bit of a pain to adjust though. Have to keep running in and out to get the right angle. Should've got electronic ones.

I ended up getting the new springs in this afternoon with the new shocks and the ride isn't too bad. I thought the springs felt a little soft, but when getting installed, they had to get compressed to sit in the strut which meant they're already under some tension so they're stiffer than first though. Overall, I'm quite happy with the ride, but the car sits a 'little' higher than what it was before. I'll try to get some pictures up, but it's about an inch or 2 higher than what it is in the photo's I posted up the other week.

I'm also in the process of fixing the little bit of rust up behind the rear wheel. I'll try to get some pictures up of the finished product.

Next mod: Wheels. ;)

• 2 months later...

Okay, I think it's time for a little update. :D

Since my last post, I've got the 8kg springs installed, they were originally about and inch or two above what they were in the pics and I wasn't happy with the height so I 'cut' them down and now they're just as low as they are in the photos. :hmm:

The rust in the rear's been fixed. Back to 'normal' now, but that area's in a different colour. It's slightly lighter and shinier than the rest of the car.

I bought a tacho cluster off a member on here about 2-3 weeks ago. It felt strange at first having a tacho there instead of a clock. lol

Oh and I also purchased a set of wheels off yahoo auctions Japan. :hmm:

They're expected to arrive in about 3-6 weeks time. They're 15x7 and 15x7.5 with a +5 and -8 offset respectively, ssr and hoshino mesh wheels.

I'll make sure to post up some pics when they arrive and I get them on the car.