Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Home Made Rev-limiter For Carby Car

Featured Replies

  • Replies 66
  • Views 316.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

thanks raven. Ended up going out for dinner, so you'll have to wait to tomoz for the other vids.

 

If you've got a shift light josh, come round and I'll hook you up. Just need a relay downstairs. 8/

i had this idea for a while now but never had a tacho witha shift light to try it!

sweet as!

ic ant actualys ee the video coz i have dialup but sick! so duin this on my next ke 8/

Just one thing. Now you want to set your shift light to warn you to change at the optimum time to change gear right. Now if your rev limiter kicks in at this point when you hit it the engine will die a bit as your changing ok you get off the throttle a bit while you change unless your flat changing but if it was say a slow shift wont this form of limiter kill your power a bit when you most need it etc.

 

So is there a way you can add a small delay circuit to fire the relay say half a second or tad less after the light goes off. This way you if changing slow get a better change or just hold the power longer. Just a though I had. Prob not to right in my thinking but it late..lol

 

Cameron

You can get tachos with multiple shift lights...first one=gear change, second one=rev limiter

Well done, Taz_Rx. NickZ for your info too. Good to see some creative and lateral thinking going on.

Edited by robj

  • Author

 

Ok there is 3 new much better qulaity video's in this link now.

 

limter-4000rpm tacho, limiter - 4000rpm back, and there is also a very quick one of the grounding idea NickZ mentioned. Yes I know its sounds just the same when its free revving, but when you are actually driving it on load, it is much quieter when the limiter kicks in.

I might have to look into this idea when my worked 5K goes into the KE25 :)

 

Someone is gonna have to draw a diagram of a relay and what wires go to where though :D

  • Author

Yeah no worries Raven.

 

I didn't go into detail of how to do it so we didn't have "kids" trying it with no wiring experience and damaging their engine somehow. If you say are competent with wiring, but not 100% sure on how to do it, I happy to give these people more info but would do it via PM maybe.

 

Anybody who can work it all out from the first post, doesn't need help! :D

Once more just incase

*** Warning***

cutting the power off a coil on a running engine will cause detonation/missfires that can and will damage a engine.

 

Even it it does SOUND better, I think safer is better.

 

Grounding the coil wire through the relay is the safer way.

  • Author

I've left the ground hooked up to 87, not too worried about what noise I have, as long as it works and is safe. :)

 

If I PM any diamgrams to people I'll put the ground wire on it. :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.