Home Made Rev-limiter For Carby Car

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one thing. Now you want to set your shift light to warn you to change at the optimum time to change gear right. Now if your rev limiter kicks in at this point when you hit it the engine will die a bit as your changing ok you get off the throttle a bit while you change unless your flat changing but if it was say a slow shift wont this form of limiter kill your power a bit when you most need it etc.

So is there a way you can add a small delay circuit to fire the relay say half a second or tad less after the light goes off. This way you if changing slow get a better change or just hold the power longer. Just a though I had. Prob not to right in my thinking but it late..lol

Cameron

Ok there is 3 new much better qulaity video's in this link now.

limter-4000rpm tacho, limiter - 4000rpm back, and there is also a very quick one of the grounding idea NickZ mentioned. Yes I know its sounds just the same when its free revving, but when you are actually driving it on load, it is much quieter when the limiter kicks in.

Yeah no worries Raven.

I didn't go into detail of how to do it so we didn't have "kids" trying it with no wiring experience and damaging their engine somehow. If you say are competent with wiring, but not 100% sure on how to do it, I happy to give these people more info but would do it via PM maybe.

Anybody who can work it all out from the first post, doesn't need help! :D

Once more just incase

*** Warning***

cutting the power off a coil on a running engine will cause detonation/missfires that can and will damage a engine.

Even it it does SOUND better, I think safer is better.

Grounding the coil wire through the relay is the safer way.