Xy Gt

I have to put my $0.02c in here.

Having spent 5 years building up my XT Fairmont, and having also owned several KE series corolla's, they are both awesome cars and both are better at some things than the other.

Yes, the prices are crazy for these things now, but that's supply and demand... this certainly isn't a case of no big deal, genuine wild violet XYGT's whith white trim and a factory wind back sunroof which have been expertly restored don't come around every day... :D

post-4801-1200649610_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I digress a little,but what about all the other aussie muscle cars that have met a similar fate.my favourite would have to be an E49 RT 6 pack charger,ooohhhh too think how many originals of those are no longer with us.

not to mention monaros toranas valiant pacers etc.

most of which 25 years ago were worth next too nothing and as was mentioned (supply and demand unfortunately blew the affordability out of the water).

long live the old aussie muscle car heritage..

I have to put my $0.02c in here.

Having spent 5 years building up my XT Fairmont, and having also owned several KE series corolla's, they are both awesome cars and both are better at some things than the other.

Yes, the prices are crazy for these things now, but that's supply and demand... this certainly isn't a case of no big deal, genuine wild violet XYGT's whith white trim and a factory wind back sunroof which have been expertly restored don't come around every day... :D

f@$kin nice XT mate!! I love the XT's and XR's also... I agree that the prices for XY GT's and especially HO's are stupidly high...I myself would rather own an XY fairmont...less hassles about being badged etc...But you cannot deny the fact that the XY GT is and always will be an aussie icon.

long live the old aussie muscle car heritage..

HERE HERE

The car is a genuine GT and had just undergone a 95K rebuild....It doesn't matter if he has 500 spare shells in the shed, it's still heartbreaking...and hardly what I'd call "no biggie"

And sorry but if you cannot appreciate the XY GT then you have zero taste in cars...

lol it has been said that i have no taste.

omg me and my bro almost started crying when we saw these pics i love fords more than the girlfriend

and if anyone says that isnt a beautiful car I'm prepared to go a few rounds with ya to prove it is

I like the car but I'm a man of much anger so I'm willing to call it a shitbox just to box on...

I just hope the guy who restored it was the guy who wrecked it. Or there is going to be an old ford restorer in tears for some time.

I love these cars but have to admit, the reason they are getting so rare these days is exactly what you see in the picture. All the power you'd want but they don't really handle, um, at all.

The ORIGINAL handling option was actually removing the tyres from the rims and placing the car on a set of railway tracks, however most customers found the ride a little firm and the lack of travel options rather limiting.

Other options were considered, but market research indicated most customers were only interested in driving very fast in straight lines anyway, so no action was taken.

The GTHO moniker, however, stuck.

nice car, lots of motorsport history here and in un zed, i really do feel for the guy because wether or not you like or dislike someone elses car, that thing had an arseload of work put into it and its always sad to see that happen to something that someone has invested so much time and money in.

having said that, its still a taxicab with F100 running gear :)