Xy Gt

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? They're awesome cars, Australias icon car, back when cars were built good (minus brakes lol), and actually sounded like a V8 should.

My dad has a replica with around 450hp, I love cruisin with him in that car, the number of looks, thumbs ups, salutes are amazing, once even from a dude in a Ferrari.

That one looks great, I doubt it would be a genuine though, with an undercarriage like that and white interior. Shame to see that happen to it especially since it looks like it was a wedding car too.

Ben

Man thats a shame,

not that I'm into fords but these old cars a re slowly getting less and less.Looked to be a real neat resto job even if not original GT.so many clones around now its to the point it don't matter.

Like 7 shades said..no biggie he has another shell,just rebuild.

The parts are available ( more after market stuff for them now than there was original parts back when new,lol )

yes i hope all were ok on some ones special day,what a pisser.

to be honest i would prefer to drive my corolla than an xy gt. at least it turns and brakes. whilst i acknowledge their part in the history of motor sport in Australia they just don't do it for me. also I'm sick of seeing thousands of originals and replicas at every car show bar auto salon. my favorite car from summernats wasn't any of the 100 falcons on display but an immaculate silver mistubishi sigma with a stupidly large garret turbo and fr17s. the xy has been over done as far as i'm concerned but thats just my opinion on the subject and seeing as we live in a democracy every one else is entitled to one as well.

Edited by YKE 20T

Heartbreaking, for sure. I can appreciate time, effort and detail... and as an investment, they have a guaranteed return.

But at the end of the day, thats the only appeal these would hold for me.

A conservatively styled family sedan with a big engine in it... that someone is happy to pay half a million dollars to own.

I view the '57 Chev in a very similar light.