Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

She'd be staying red if I didn't. Decent resprays are not cheap.

 

I don't know if many of you are ready to spend $5k+ on sprucing up your rolla's, but I owe AJ a lot of plugs :sob:

 

Tell me about it, I got 4 quotes for my rolla and all were a minimum of $4,500.

I'm doing all the prep myself and a guy is spraying it for me in a spray booth and oven.

 

Hope to see pics of your car soon, been a while since we seen pics of the car, nice work with the badge :bash:

 

Cheers, Johno.

 

 

EDIT:

 

67Rolla looks like it has a new engine on the way :y:

 

Whats this about a new engine?? :o

Edited by Johno

  • Author

Thanks guys.

 

I have a 5K on it's way :y:

 

I'm trying to get my hands on a twin carby setup.

Going to work the cam, change the diff, should be enough to move the little girl a bit quicker!

 

Other things to be done:

Waiting for the Aus$ to improve before I buy the gauges.

Found someone to retrim the seats/doors/inserts, going red leather.

Going to buy new venetian and red carpet off ebay.

Clean up all the chrome.

Modify my sub-boxes to fit in the boot and get the stereo installed. (2x500WRMS :o )

Fit the disc brakes.

 

 

 

Car is definately going to be in Motorvation (if they accept the entry).

 

Will get some pics as soon as I can.

 

 

Edit: I am still chasing a dash pad and a fuel cap (mine leaks)...

Edited by Dunadan

Sounds like you are going over it all, will be great once done.

 

Also keen to see those pictures.

  • Author

slx611.jpg

These are the gauges I am getting, in the Blue (Shown on left gauge, not the Teal shown on the right) With chrome surrounds.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I was thinking (and it was painful >.< ) I'm planning on putting in central locking and alarm/imob, should I remove the door and boot locks??

 

Car is getting sprayed next week, would need to lock in my final answer Saturday...

 

Was also thinking about removing the ignition and putting in a start button?

 

What do we think?

hey ken, hows the 5k going?

 

Great build up too !

 

 

good luck

 

Nate.

  • Author

Expecting the 5K tomorrow or Monday, took a while for it to get packed and shipped. Will definately be posting when the 5K arrives :hmm:

 

Going up to AJ's panel shop over the weekend to pull the 3k and toyoglide out, ready for the engine bay and whole car to get their final coats. Can't wait, will try to get some good pics.

 

Edit: oh and I just brought one of those cheep, fake (red) JAF badges off ebay. Will let you know if it is any good when it arrives. JAF Badge

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

Sorry all, no pics yet. Will get some sent to me later this week.

 

We got the engine out and everything else out of the engine bay. I think I'm going to have a hard time wireing it all up again :)

 

We rubbed it all back and welded up the only rust spot (behind the battery), then gave it all a very thick coat of hi-fill. Looked friggen awesome just in primer :) I can't wait to get the 5K in there!!

 

Biggest thing now is finding a good (but affordable) shop to shorten a diff and customise the tailshaft...

Edited by Dunadan

  • Author

5K HAS ARRIVED!!! :)

 

Thanks Nate, can't wait to get it painted and shiny :)

  • Author

OK have polished the rocker cover, not 100% happy might sand it a bit more. Spent about 4 hours on it so far...

RockerCover1.jpg

RockerCover2.jpg

RockerCover3.jpg

 

And heres the bootlid badge I scored, thanks Paddy

 

PA100001.jpg

What did you use to polish the cover? It looks neat.

  • Author

Now for the Thermostat housing..

 

Before

PA100007.jpg

PA100008.jpg

 

After

PA100010.jpg

PA100011.jpg

Not finished just a quick 30 minute job.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.