2tg Into Ae86

belleci

i have never seen a 2tg into a ae86. call me dumb or what ever but iv never seen a tutorial for putting a 2tg into a ae86. i have herd people say it has ben done but I'm wonder if it is worth it sence a 4age would be the clear choice.

If someone has seen a tutorial for this could you point me into this direction cause i would like to read it.

Members dont see this ad

As much as I like 2TG's (I have two cars with them), I think you'd be mad to put one in an AE86. It's an old technology engine, whereas the 4 AGE is at least one, probably two generations in technology newer. It would be like getting a Commodore with a GenIII, and putting a 308 carb motor in it.

AE86's are made for 4AGE's. If you wanted to be different, a 3SGE (MR2) engine would be the direction I'd take.

I don't know how you would get away legally either (emissions), putting an older motor in a newer car.

I was afraid that emissions would be a problem. so my next question is what would be a good car to swap with

Mate, I cannot believe you would expect people to have written tutorials for all kind of different swaps. There is no manual for an engine conversion. Personally I prefer to do it my way if I can, to give it some personal touches. The fun pat is all the fab and engineering you can do along the way. Its one big learning experience.

lol, tutorials.

i had the thought of fitting an old 80's flat 4 boxer 1.8 out of a suby at 1 point just for the little power and too keep the centor or gravity low and cos it was really differant, who the hell prints a book on that shit??? noone, its all new to the world of an AE, KE,TE or HE/SHE whatever, its a little thing called "custom work".

I'm going to have to join the ranks here... Why would anyone want to???

I guess we all have our reasons for defying logic, so i won't give you a hard time there.

The cool thing about your situation right now is, you have an idea... a little crazy, but still... an idea that most others have bagged!!! Now you got a few choices, you can either;

a) Follow the advise of those older and wiser, and put a bit of money into your 4A (which by the way, there are some of us out here that just dream of having one of these between the struts of our rides...) and get a decent amount of power for whatever fun you desire,

b) Kick the trends, go with the old smoker and try to 'prove us wrong' by spending more on it than it's worth, having long nights stressing over how you can get it legal (specially in Cali... OMG i thought we had a hard time with emissions!!!) and grow a few hundred grey hairs for little more than a hurt pride when you realise what a wasted exercise it's been, or

c) Take the engine transplant path, but chase down something that will either give you a) instant power gains, or b) much more development potential...

Thing is, I usually go with either option b or c in this one... provided you take some perverse pleasure in learning things the hard way like i do, it should be fun.

And yeah, if you do, record it, so noobs that follow can have a little easier time exploring these choices...

Good luck either way!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, jus a question from tha new kid on tha block what engine conversions could i do to a ae82 seca? i already got the 4age twin cam 16 in it but I'm lookin for sumthin a bit faster aye like a 20 valve or a 4agze.

they are the only engines i know of that jus drop straight in, well so to speak.

any other engine that would fit?? and also i have no idea how to do an engine conversion, any advise otherwise I'm payin someone to put it in. a bit sad from a corolla lover i know but i jus dun wanna screw my car up and have a shell sittin there with a wrecked motor beside it.

mind you i am keen to learn and have a go.