Rolla Bus Ae82 W/rebuilt 4agze (yet To Be Started)!

RollaBus_4agze

Slight update:

Got two boxes of Dynamat (still waiting on another few obxes yet :bash: ) the other day and today being my day off, did the rear doors!

100_1856.jpg

100_1855.jpg

Its already made a difference! Crazy shit!

I have already done under the carpet...

So that is remaining is the rest of the front doors (had a bit left over from the rears) and the rest of the boot!!! :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can get dynamat form any decent car audio shop. Come in different kits, ie doors, boot etc, so prices change.

Make a hell of a difference.

You should see how much is in the Car Accessory Installs Celica (old 1ggtte ra40), Daim covered the whole inside of the cabin. :bash:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...

Sorry I havent updated for a while! PhotoBucket is being a right royal kent and I can't upload pics :o

Has been a crazy month of working on the car...

Few of the things that have happened...

- All suspension components have now got nolethene bushes

- All suspension arms have been airbrushed (:y:) to a similar style of the engine bay

- ISC coilovers have arrived (can't wait to finally tuck some rim)

- Car itself has been repainted as I wasnt 100% happy before!

- Spent a week sanding back my beautifully painted and airbrushed dash :bash: But it is getting resprayed and re-airbrushed to suit new colour of interior!

- Sent the last big big of chrome upto Tas Plating Services in Launceston and should be at my door step next week... :sob:

As soon as photobucket hardens the feck up, Ill get some pics up for you all :sob:

I am hoping within 3 weeks I will be starting it for the first time!!! :sob:

Cheers, Moe

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

Car is looking awesome moe! :o

can't wait to see some new pics..

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions..

1. When you took off the front quarter panels, there is some kind of sticky crap in-between the two panels. I scraped it all off. Do I need to put it back on (if so), what do I use to replace it?

post-5444-1222066376.jpg

2. With your tinted taillights, did that pass road laws?

3. What was the name of that place you got your carpet from?

4. Fuel tank wire loom.. I see there is two plugs. One is in us and i guess it would be for the fuel gadge. Is the other one for electronic fuel pump because it is not in use atm. (Just sits there.

Cheers, Johno :y:

Farkin' finally got the pics uploaded...

ISC Coilovers:

picture00366.jpg

picture00367.jpg

New LCA bushes:

picture00365.jpg

LCA's: with bushes in

Shitty photos sorry, but very well detailed when seen in person :yes:

Didnt want him to go too crazy on the design tho... :dance:

100_18955.jpg

100_18977.jpg

More chrome work:

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

Silver zinc plated suspension bolts:

100_1900.jpg

Hope you all enjoy ;)

More to come soon!

Johno...

1. the sticky stuff is pretty much just sikaflex... it was to help stop gunk, crap and dirt getting in from the gaurd to your engine bay... Because mine isnt going to see dirt and everyday use, I'm not worrying about putting any on when the gaurds go back on!

2. haha road laws in Tassie? what are they haha! The tail lights are actually still VERY bright and noticeable in the day (even tho they look completely black)! Ive never had any problems with Police or the Tas Transport Department!

3. The carpets were from Knox Auto Carpets... I ordered it thru their website... very well priced!

4. The other should be for the fuel pump yeah ;) Your very lucky dude, as mine never came with the puel pump plug at all!!!

Cheers, Moe

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

Thanks for your help :dance:

You have gone to such detail with everything on this car and it certanly shows.

On the second last pic, what are the long chrome bar thingo's?

Oh yeah, reason i ask about the taillights is because i had a Ea ford sedan a few years back and i tinted the tail lights and i too never had a problem with but when it came to inshurance they didnt want to know me or have anything to do with my car so i drove in uninshured for a few months till i got rid of it.

I want to inshure the corolla and want to tint the taillights so i'll try pull some strings.. or just go a hint of tint that looks good but not black.

Thanks for your help :dance:

You have gone to such detail with everything on this car and it certanly shows.

On the second last pic, what are the long chrome bar thingo's?

Oh yeah, reason i ask about the taillights is because i had a Ea ford sedan a few years back and i tinted the tail lights and i too never had a problem with but when it came to inshurance they didnt want to know me or have anything to do with my car so i drove in uninshured for a few months till i got rid of it.

I want to inshure the corolla and want to tint the taillights so i'll try pull some strings.. or just go a hint of tint that looks good but not black.

why not just grab a spare set of taillight lenses and use them to get it insured and then change them after?? Or does it null the insurance or something if your in a prang with the tinted lenses?

btw man your attention to detail is crazy kudos to you.

Thanks man :yes:

UPDATE: Rang the crash repairs where my car is, and FINALLY, it is getting masked up... So it will be sprayed tomorrow and Ill be able to pick up Friday morning ;)

THANK GOD!

Sick of all this stuff laying aorund at home and not being able to work on it :dance:

I'm missing something here. Isn't all the spray work finished??

Are you just getting a light rub back and clear coat?

Oh yeah, one more question.. :dance:

How did you get 4 bolt stuts on the first page? I got myself some strut bracing and i need 4 bolt struts otherwise its pointless putting it on with 3 bolt ones.

Did you just bolt on some twincam struts or is there more to it than that?

Edited by Johno