4age Fuel Setup.

mundawg

Members dont see this ad

i've run both external and intank setups and recently changed over to internal lifter pump and Vl pump under the car now. Was all in the boot before with an external VL lifter pump flowing into a surge tank, then going through VL high pressure pump to send it up the front. Did the job, but was noisy as f$#k in the boot :lolcry: i've now got a custom setup with a VL INTANK lifter pump mounted on the ke70 gear, running to VL pump mounted under the cap - HEAPS better, alot quieter (can hardly hear it in cabin), and wont get busted by the cops if they pop the boot to see all your fuel setup in there. Havent had any problems with fuel cutout yet, but if you keep it above a 1/4 like sam Q said you'll be fine :yes:

yes thats right, which has to be a low pressure pump... or you could run both pumps externally.

This is all good, provided you don't use an in-tank pump (as a lifter) that has a relief valve on the pump body.

Its sort of like a regulator, but once it starts making edequate pressure, it will relieve itself by shirting fuel out of the body of the pump. Fine in-tank, external = boot full of fuel. :lolcry:

Any carby pump (fuelpro, facet, carter, holley etc) will always make a good external lifter.

Another thing to bare in my when selecting a lift pump is weather the pump is self priming, (can push well, but suck too) carters for example. Holley pumps are not self priming and need to be gravity fed by mounting it below tank level.

So workout WHERE you want your setup, then select appropriate pumps. :yes:

sorry what do you mean by this:

"external = boot full of fuel"

good info too BTW

This is all good, provided you don't use an in-tank pump (as a lifter) that has a relief valve on the pump body.

Its sort of like a regulator, but once it starts making edequate pressure, it will relieve itself by shirting fuel out of the body of the pump. Fine in-tank, external = boot full of fuel.

so your basicly saying that this would happen if the pump was mounted in the boot of a car and would relieve itself. I think its lunacy to put a fuel pump in the boot of my car personally... Especially how much room there is under corollas/sprinters

I'm thinki putting a single external vl bosck pump

rigged up to the drain plug of my fuel tank.

just trying to keep the cost down because external lift pumps are quite expensive!

how easy is it to put an intank pump into a fuek tank that isn't made for it?

good or bad?

this is to power my silvertop.

I'm thinki putting a single external vl bosck pump

rigged up to the drain plug of my fuel tank.

just trying to keep the cost down because external lift pumps are quite expensive!

how easy is it to put an intank pump into a fuek tank that isn't made for it?

good or bad?

this is to power my silvertop.

yeah it can be just a matter of modifying the brackets and your set, there have been guides around before