Ke70

krazyke70

Yeah, I'd say they're talking about going to the auctions and paying $700 for a VT that's been rolled. If you use a VT motor you need to integrate the fob reader from the console and use the matching ecu so the immobiliser works. The gearbox is computer controlled too if auto.

We have got the security defunked on a few commodore ECUs though some mob in melbourne I think for race cars we do at work..

Members dont see this ad

I've got one. I have to say, as fun as it is to drive, theres a lot of work involved in getting to handle well and get it engineered. You will have it a bit easier being it is a 70 ( rack and pinion steering, recess in firewall ). Engine mounts arent that hard and if you use an auto you can mod the standard gearbox x member to suit (providing the car is auto to begin with). As rollla said though, buy a complete car if you plan to do it. Having said all this, if i could do it all over i would have put a turbo 4 in it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hey thanks alot for your input ppls on my last thread about a 4age engine, I'm more keen on a vn v6, because they go pretty well for what they are, an i want something thats going to be just wrong on the raod LOL, anyone done the conversion vn v6 ??? an what problems u reckon i might run into, thanks heaps everyone i really keen to start this project too, will be posting adds along the way to help more people convert this engine ?? any advice will be much helpful thanks

i wouldnt go for a v6. it would put your car out of balance and make it too front heavy. you could do what i did and put in a ca18det if you want some fat burnouts though. I definately wouldnt put a commonhore engine in it lol

hey don't wanna go to a camry v6 becuase i havent seen one of them do a burnout like a vn v6,

if you want it for burnouts just keep the vn v6 in the vn?

a lighter car will be made front heavy with that motor and not turn very well in corners,

as has been said you will get a lot of understeer. also you will need diff upgrade for sure,

and a car like that which has heaps of power but no handling does end up being a burnout car

or a burnt out car if you try and race it.

as for a road legal ke70, its not listed for weight in the code of practice but say it weighs around 950kg at a guess

then in qld for instance you can put the largest engine of:

NA capacity cc = original weight kg x 3

2850 cc = 950 kg x 3

Forced Induction = original weight kg x 2.5

2375 cc = 950 kg x 2.5

but hey if you want to build a cheap reliable burnout car for comps or something i think it would work great.

in my humble opinion

it depends on what you're trying to achieve, and what your budget is.

buick / ecotec v6's: cheap, nasty, a bit grunty, unremarkable

3vz-fe: not so cheap, not so nasty, alloy heads, 4v/cyl, sequential inj, distributor placement issues, cammed and manifolded for car-like dynamics and power delivery, intake manifold faces the wrong way =S

5vzfe: even less cheap, just like 3VZ but 400cc increase in displacement, tuning of cams and manifold delivers a more torquey grunter with no top end legs. can be addressed by changing cams, manifold and management i guess but just more work to do

prefer either of the latter two

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate i have a vr v6 in my corolla ke36 and power to weight is perfect will pump most stock 5.7 ltr commos out there and for burnouts you can hold them on limiter all day long and wont skip a beat i don't know if you have started your project or not but if you like i can email you some pics or somethin like that plus i have learnt some of do and donts of building mine so if you need to know anything let me know ..........cheers good luck with it

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to be different, put the 4AGE into a VN commodore. I bet that hasnt been done before. :P

V6 corolla would go well in the straight line thats for sure.. Remember dropping the engine in is the easy part. Running hoses, brake upgrades, wiring, converting a carby car into F.I is another hassle.

I started by trying to put a 1JZ into a VN. Engine fitted a treat, better than the V6 did. But I ended up runnign out of money/time before finishing it. I regret it now too. Should have finished it!

I think some people need to go to the wreckers with a socket set and a tape measure and go and measure exactly how long a 3vz block is. By my measurements its no longer than a 4age. Its only 3 cylinders in a line, not 4. Its like two slant motors in there, hunkered down quite low. Thinking along these lines, 6 cylinders, with no firewall work will have its weight quite well distributed on or behind the crossmember. With a simple intake it would weigh not alot more than a 4age. What I haven't checked is the steering rack clearance issues, and how the sump fits. The 3vz does have tidy little factory block hugger exhaust manifolds that point the correct way for rwd applications.