Blinded's Ke70

bLinded_

Hey guys, gals and in between.

Been on here for a while now and only realised then that I didn't have a project thread so I thought it'd be time to make one. Also because I am bored. ;)

Car started out as a bog stock 83 KE70 CS which I picked up for $500 complete with a lot of dings and original metallic paint which had lost all of its colour so was just basically metal. Nethertheless, it also had 6 months rego and was a good base to start with, as I was only on my L's then. All the work has been done by myself and my old man so he has saved me money and taught me alot about it. Being my only car, nothing to major is being carried out on it as I need to get to work daily, so it is all slow progress. I am building it as a daily that I can have some fun in so it is more setup for drift rather than grip or comfort.

Mods so far:

- Panel beat and full respray by my old man

- 32/36 Weber to replace the standard Aisan that crapped itself

- Corona struts converted to coilovers with new KYB inserts and 7kg/mm springs. Also using Corona brakes with 2 spot calipers.

- Corona LCAs

- Rear has new KYB shocks and 5kg/mm springs.

- Tacho dash so I knew how much harder I could rev the 4K.

- Some mad 13x6 low offset polished steel wheels I taxed from a friend ;)

- Rollaclub URL sticker across rear window and KE70.com sticker :(

Mods to come:

- New wheels. Rewinds or SSR Mesh.

- 5K with twin DHLA40s, cam regrind etc.

- And exhaust to suit ^

That's 2 years of my car in a nutshell so basically now I'll just throw up some pictures for anyone interested to look at.

Before:

post-2858-1215310362_thumb.jpg

After:

post-2858-1215310429_thumb.jpg

Things to come:

post-2858-1215310909_thumb.jpg

post-2858-1215310937_thumb.jpg

post-2858-1215310966_thumb.jpg

Well that's it for now. Hope some people like it. :jamie:

Thanks for watching.

Edited by bLinded_

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, the wheels and suspension make it look tuff.

Twin carbs... :D

Did you re paint it?

Thanks Johno.

Yeah my old man and I fixed up all the dings and gave it a shot of paint not long after I bought it. The original paint was screwed. Had massive crow's feet across the bonnet and also it was all faded to metal across the roof, boot lid and bonnet. It's a bit rough and has a few runs in it near the roof, but it looks a crap load better than what it looked like to begin with. And if you were talking about the 5K block, I painted that also.

Cheers mate.

Yeah hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here in regards to the engine. The last of the rebuild pieces should be here tomorrow (fingers crossed) so from there I can actually start to put it back together. Will probably be a while before it is in and running though :D

Correct Induction Club ! Ye !

8| !

Haha! Damn straight. I got inspired by Justin's yellow daily after seeing it on the "tube" ages ago. A single carb just won't cut it after what I heard and saw. :yak:

Also, I think that new rims may have out weighed getting a PS3 with my tax return money. I tried on a freind's set of SSR's last night, I think it looks pretty nice. They were 15x7 +26 and filled the standard guards perfectly at the front, but came well short on the rear. 15x8 +8 should work alot better on the rear.

Front:

post-2858-1215685484_thumb.jpg

And yesterday I picked up my new rings, bearings and gasket set, so this weekend the fun begins on the block. :)

• 2 weeks later...
haha i wish i'd spent my $700 bucks on my car over a ps3.

sure its fun to play. but my cars still sitting in the garage :no2:

ill be watching this, I love ke70s.

Ha ha, yeah. I sort of figured that the money will be better off going towards the car. Ps3 would be nice, but I doubt I'd use the thing enough.

Car looks good mate, is that my old 5k? I was wondering how you got on with that.

Cheers.

Hey man

Yeah your old 5K right there. Cleaned and painted and rebuilt now. :S Just waiting on the reground camshaft to arrive in the mail (thanks Justin ;)) then the block will be done. Atleast the slow progress gives me a chance to build up some more money. :D