The "omg Guess What Happened Today" Thread

Had a look in my aquarium on monday morning to see how everything's going and low and behold i spot a little fish swimming around :(. As tank companions i've got three stupid guppies, two male and a female, had an idea for a few days that the female was pregnant. And from the other end of the tank a little voice from my daughter pipes up "Oh, look, baby fish". Rough counting put them at around 20 of the little phuckers :)

Spent the day at work thinking of what to do with them...... ditch them down the toilet ?? Give them to the cat ??

Got home and realized that the girlfriend's Siamese Fighting Fish likes live food :D wonder how it'd go with the babies. The thing goes nuts when i dump a few of them in the tank with him.

Found a good reason to keep the babies and the stupid guppies now

:)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to breed guppies when I was 12/13, had a tank with about 50-100 of the bastards at one stage, you can get some really cool colour mixes trhough selective breeding (and they are live bearers so no problems with eggs etc)

it was always good fun. If you leave the fry (baby fish) in the tank (assuming it doesnt have much in the way of hiding places) the parents will eat them too.

But yeah, I used to feed some of my fry to my fighting fish, they loved it.

My OMG is that we started moving into the house, soooo much to move and soooo much to do.

Tomorrow is full on moving furniture day (entertainment unit etc) so it will be alot more houselike!

I used to breed guppies when I was 12/13, had a tank with about 50-100 of the bastards at one stage, you can get some really cool colour mixes trhough selective breeding (and they are live bearers so no problems with eggs etc)

it was always good fun. If you leave the fry (baby fish) in the tank (assuming it doesnt have much in the way of hiding places) the parents will eat them too.

But yeah, I used to feed some of my fry to my fighting fish, they loved it.

My OMG is that we started moving into the house, soooo much to move and soooo much to do.

Tomorrow is full on moving furniture day (entertainment unit etc) so it will be alot more houselike!

^^^^^ Chris can you please send me a PM and turn your PM's back on, Thanks dude^^^^^

My Omg today.. I have been looking at houses to rent for a while now and i have been to lots of Open for inspections and OMG.. this place i saw today was awesome! 4 bedrooms, aircon, lock up garage, big block, double carport, fully renovated house with brand new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms, 3 living rooms with split level rumpus room, 3 toilets and polished boards in living area's, large deck out the back, garden shed with car access to rear yard, conara fireplace, central heating and best of all.. A wicked outdoor hot tub spa with private deck!! :) . Its weird because another place i saw last week was $395pw and no where near as good as this house and this one is only $375pw

OMG OMG OMG!!! I got the house!!

Looked at the house Thursday night and I was approved Friday lunchtime! I'm so exited! :(

Guess i'll be moving in this weekend too.. :)

$375 a week

:( yeah not bad not bad at all. A bit better then our place but we have five beds and a super sized living room (give take about the size of a 4 bay garage)

And my OMG is that we only pay about $1000 for this piece of luxury....

Every six months

:)

Here's a few pics. :( Sorry i'm real exited about this place because for the last 11months i been living in a small shed which can get down to -2c in winter.

post-5444-1238221487.jpg . post-5444-1238221474.jpg

post-5444-1238221513.jpg . post-5444-1238221531.jpg

How can you pay $1000 every 6 months? Are you renting off your folks?

Edit.. Hehe i can see my box radio on the kitchen bench.. still works wicked!

Edited by Johno

My pocket bike and I had an argument today... I lost.

I now have a gaping hole in my leg, and about a litre of my favourite blood all over the road, driveway, and just a bit on the inside of my Chaser from when Mrs Shades drove me (at speed :) ) to the emergency dept.

Hooray.

My pocket bike and I had an argument today... I lost.

I now have a gaping hole in my leg, and about a litre of my favourite blood all over the road, driveway, and just a bit on the inside of my Chaser from when Mrs Shades drove me (at speed :cool: ) to the emergency dept.

Hooray.

now now shades you should know that arguments with bikes whether they are big, small, motorized or not always win when bitumen is brought into the mix :)

Ahh pocket bikes, those cute, innocent looking harbingers of death........

Hope your injuries aren't too serious and you make a swift recovery........

Oh, and exactly why did you argue with it anyway?

It was being recalcitrant and refusing to go fast... enough.