Bog Around Bolt On Flares??

Members dont see this ad
hey i brought some bolt on flares an i was just wondering if any1 has bogged around them before, or does it just crack after a while? I'm spraying my car. so yeah just wondering if i should leave the gap around it or bogg it.. any ideas??? thanks

I would be inclined to create a seal out of some rubber. It would probably do a better job and look tidier.

Edited by Pieman

Yep, fibreglass, both surfaces would have to be bare as well, bare metal, and bare fibreglass flare.

You can then use bog over the fibreglass for straightening work.

If youve never done bodywork before just bolt them on, this would be VERY difficult to get right.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

i was being serious about the no more gaps, less serious about using max bond.

i've seen no more gaps used with good results on a trophy winning showcar, the acrylic is paintable, easily picked out if you need to unbolt the flares and easy to apply to the seam.

for the distinct bolt on flare look use flare rubber strip, its usually black but i think you can get it in some colours now.

you could probably find a rubber seal strip to suit if you can't find the flare stuff.

for the integrated look you can bog or use a flexible paintable filler on the join and over the holes as well if you like but it difficult to

ever remove the flares if you had to (eg accident / cracked flare / rust repair) and it has to be prepped well for paint.

word of warning, don't go the style of forming flares of bog or fibreglass on top of your flares though, it is very hard to get

right and turns into an expensive ugly heavy mess as far as i have seen, not that it can't be done though.

or use a coloured flexible filler matched somewhere near your paint color, not sure if it would last against the elements

but some types may.