September 1, 200818 yr comment_271847 Well its about time I release the covers from my latest acquisition... I have only told a few people but when asking others questions, they knew exactly what car I was talking about. So here it is... Its a KE36 panel van currently needing some work done. it is a baby spew yellow colour. I plan on respraying him red, like Redwarf Red and maybe have White signage down the side. Something like "rollaclub Parts & Service Van" I named it Mr Ed cause its a work horse. But if I decide to make it a show van, he'll be a show horse. Its a first for me tho giving it a guy name, but I think it suits it. :fuzz: Current work needed to be one on this car are... Guards Tailgate hinge Door Trims Drivers Window Seats Bonnet Dash Ceiling Lining All new locks & fuel cap Paint And I'll be sticking my Jellybeans onto him It does have a 5 speed and 4K tho. Not sure if I'll end up sticking a 5K in it. Turns out this van belonged to the tool who kept doing burnouts in the McDonald's Drive Thru that I was working at. I remember saying I wanted to buy it. Well here it is :fuzz: Roomy!! (Not my chop bowl, came with the car) Definitely has space for some subs behind the seats. Here is my door. Missing the trim and having a smashed window. I was hoping that a hardtop window may fit. May be a bit of an effort to rip one out tho. Here is the dash... And the dash with seats. Needing replacing. Here is Trev's and my Panel vans side by side. Tell me what you think... Report
September 1, 200818 yr comment_271883 Its ugly... :jamie: Never have been a fan of them, though ive never seen one in person. Drop it, and put ya mags on it, and ill change me mind lol :y: Loven the handworky on the speaker on drivers door!! :lol: :P Edited September 1, 200818 yr by Falken_KE30 Report
September 1, 200818 yr comment_271893 Finally we get to see HIM........ Doesn't look like there's much major rust to fix? That's good because the interior needs all the attention it can get....... But it's still a great score mate....The Pano's are coming back finally We want more of them Nice find Jon :P Report
September 1, 200818 yr comment_271905 Finally we get to see HIM........Doesn't look like there's much major rust to fix? That's good because the interior needs all the attention it can get....... But it's still a great score mate....The Pano's are coming back finally We want more of them Nice find Jon :P Ha what, I found it :jamie: Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272004 How many cars do you have now? ha. I have a new genuine taillight for one of these somewhere, I thought when I was bidding it was for a ke26 (seller didnt have pics) Good luck with it. Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272099 Only 10 :P Surely your family's running out of space in there yards............. BTW Nice find TREV............lol Report
September 2, 200818 yr comment_272101 I'm getting horny! :P Is that because this one's actually drivable???......Haha It is fairly good for the money though... Report
September 2, 200818 yr Author comment_272103 Will look hot in red too. :P I need wagon chrome gutter trims as well and I'd love to have the original roof racks. Report
October 21, 200817 yr Author comment_283413 Okay, the smallest of small updates... Here are the old seats... And here are the replacements... Sadly the seat rails aren't the same :laff: So I now need to find myself some early KE3x rails. Also I've found myself a replacement drivers side window. :doh: I was thinking today, with these seats I need to decide on a colour that'll match. Anyone have any ideas?? I was thinking like the new Camry Green maybe?? The colour needs to match Brown/tan. Report
January 17, 200917 yr Author comment_308450 Well change of plans. Since I'm stripping most parts out of my wagon before it is sold (buyers request) I am not going to let the black early dash and black cloth seats go to waste. So today I removed the dash from the wagon and installed it into the panel van, along with the seats. I ended up replacing almost all of the screws with stainless steel ones. Costed me a bit but looks good. I also changed over some of the wiring, removed all the stereo wiring hanging about and swapped over the steering wheel as it was crumbling. I removed that dorky center console, which I am unsure where it originated from. It turns out that I have a KE70 5 speed. So now I'm stuck with one of two options. 1. Remove KE70 5 speed and install one of my 3 spare KE55 5 speeds. Or... 2. Keep it as is, close the hole in the floor and install an auto KE55 console. I also found something interesting today. The wagons, even tho they never came with rear demisters on the early models still have the wiring all ready to go :) Now the van has a busted exhaust... Sometime soon I will try to figure out a way to get the exhaust out of the green and swap them over. (Green wagon currently on belly :y: ) Edited January 17, 200917 yr by JiP Report
January 17, 200917 yr comment_308453 Well change of plans. Since I'm stripping most parts out of my wagon before it is sold (buyers request) I am not going to let the black early dash and black cloth seats go to waste. So today I removed the dash from the wagon and installed it into the panel van, along with the seats. I ended up replacing almost all of the screws with stainless steel ones. Costed me a bit but looks good. I also changed over some of the wiring, removed all the stereo wiring hanging about and swapped over the steering wheel as it was crumbling. I removed that dorky center console, which I am unsure where it originated from. It turns out that I have a KE70 5 speed. So now I'm stuck with one of two options. 1. Remove KE70 5 speed and install one of my 3 spare KE55 5 speeds. Or... 2. Keep it as is, close the hole in the floor and install an auto KE55 console. I also found something interesting today. The wagons, even tho they never came with rear demisters on the early models still have the wiring all ready to go :) Now the van has a busted exhaust... Sometime soon I will try to figure out a way to get the exhaust out of the green and swap them over. (Green wagon currently on belly :y: ) The seats look great!! , being a work horse will you be fitting a tow bar? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now